Ship tours

NoleFam20

You will want to speak to the folks at the Shore Excursions desk. It's somewhat pricey, and may not include all areas you wish to see. Ask specifically what areas are featured on the tour so there are no surprises. For example, many folks have indicated that the bridge is no longer part of the tours.

This cannot be pre-booked online or by phone. It must be done on the ship.

Edited by triptolemus

Hi everyone! Getting ready to sail soon in the Dawn. Are the ship tours that we can do? How.do.you sign up for them? I'm referring to tours of the boat. Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Depends what you are looking for,,,,

On Embarkation day, there will be a guided walking tour of the public areas to help you get oriented. Highly recommended for first time cruisers or people unfamiliar with NCL. It's done by the cruise director's staff around 1:30 for FREE.

Paid behind the scenes tours are done by shore excursion staff. Usually on a sea day. Limited availability. About $79. Laundry, galley, theater, usually environmental. Usually with a free picture and lecture on the history of the cruise line.

Behind the scenes tours for platinum members are done by the cruise next (cruise consultants) staff. 10 am on the first sea day. For free. Laundry, galley, theater.

Edited by BirdTravels

Behind the scenes tours for platinum members are done by the cruise next (cruise consultants) staff. 10 am on the first sea day. For free. Laundry, galley, theater.

Thanks for this info. My next cruise will be my first as platinum. super excited to do the behind the scenes tour.

Since they stopped including the bridge on the comp Platinum tours, I don't bother to go any more....and as far as the galley goes....sometimes they offer a free walk thru the galley to anyone that wants to go...just watch the Freestyle Daily for it.....

If your CC Roll Call is organizing a "cabin crawl", I highly recommend participating in that activity. Most cruises are sold out, and the only way to get to see the various types of cabins is on a cabin crawl...You may even get to see some of the top suites depending on participation on your individual roll call. And you may get to see accommodations that you either wish to book or wish to avoid, on future cruises...:cool:

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, and I'm sorry if I'm repeating, but on many ships embarkation day they offer a walking tour of the ship. This doesn't include any "behind the scene" locations, but essentially gives you your bearings on the ship. Be prepared for a lot of stairs as many that I have taken don't wait for guests to use the elevators. Also, the thing with NCL that always confused me is they often times offer this activity around 1:00 on embarkation day...before many guests have boarded...just a quirk I guess.

While I'm posting, does anyone know the current price of the "Behind the Scenes Tour" they sell onboard?

Thanks all the great info! This is our first cruise on NCL, so it sounds like any behind the scenes tour that we were hoping may be offered is going to be extra $$. We'll just have to build up to 'platinum' status :)

Unless you are in a suite, the concierge may well also arrange one for suite guests.