Breakaway... which 3 specialty restaurants?

mrs.seaweed

Cagneys, Moderno and LeBistro would be my picks.

Teppanyaki is fun and you get a lot of food, but its no different than a hibachi on land.

LaCucina is the worst of all the specialties. we live in MA, near Boston, and we are spoiled with great italian food in this area.

To me, Cagneys is a don't miss---must have the tomahawk chop!

Teppanyaki was great as well. The show was better than on land, and the food was excellent.

But, the lesson from reading this thread is to go with your gut--every restaurant is a can't miss for someone. Enjoy them!

Just got off the Breakaway. We did Teppanyaki, Moderno and Circ. We didn't know that Circ was included. We did pay a small additional fee for it ($23 per couple) but it was worth it.

in the terms and conditions for the dining package:

You may choose to dine in the following venues as part of your Specialty Dining Package for the corresponding upcharges: The Supper Club ($15 USD), For the Record ($15 USD), Ocean Blue ($15 USD), Bayamo ($15 USD), Cirque Dreams and Illusionarium ($10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway), Sushi Bar ($7 USD), Pincho Tapas Bar ($7 USD), and Raw Bar ($7 USD).

..incase anyone is wondering about the price

Edited by shof515

Hi all, DH and I are booked on a trip on the BA in Feb... so excited. We have 3 meals with specialty dining... any advice on which 3 restaurants can't be missed? Thank you!

Hi - we loved Teppanyaki and Le Bistro but were disappointed with Cagney's. I don't think you can use the package at Ocean Blue. Have fun!

Which restaurants are included that do not have a cover charge?

Which do you recommend for someone who is not a big meat eater?

Hi - I believe Teppanyaki, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Cagney's can be used with the Specialty dining packages. To be sure, check the NCL web site and/or reservations. Have a great trip!

Which restaurants are included that do not have a cover charge?

Which do you recommend for someone who is not a big meat eater?

Sorry, missed responding to your second question. Cagney's is a steak house so that is their specialty. The night we were there they offered a fried seafood platter which my daughter ordered. Most of the menus had seafood and vegetarian options and they seem to be very accommodating to special requests.

I've cruised the BA 8 times & #9 is coming up in a few weeks...I ONLY eat in the specialty restaurants...My 3 favorites are:

1. LeBistro

2. Cagney's

3. Ocean Blue

But, honest to God, you can't go wrong in any of them...I hope you have a wonderful experience.

Sailing with kids? My teens love Teppanyaki - it's a great family experience and for me, that's what cruising is all about. The food is good and plentiful but the experience makes it.

We've sailed Escape and GA - Ocean Blue is our favorite of all the specialty restaurants but we love seafood and it does not disappoint. We ate there twice in a week on the GA. We also have done Cagney's twice on each of the last cruises, but my family also loves a good steak/steakhouse experience. We tend to celebrate family events at Ruth Chris or Morton's and we'd compare Cagney's to that experience - except the service and atmosphere are better on the cruise! We ate at Cagney's outside on the waterfront during sailaway - best experience of the week! We also like Le Bistro - again, another fun family experience. My girls love to get dressed up and Le Bistro is a special night out and the food is outstanding.

Here's another suggestion - double your promotion and buy three more nights of specialty dining! We don't like the "banquet feel" of the MDR. We love the experience of dining out at all the specialty restaurants- I don't think you can go wrong!

I've cruised the BA 8 times & #9 is coming up in a few weeks...I ONLY eat in the specialty restaurants...My 3 favorites are:

1. LeBistro

2. Cagney's

3. Ocean Blue

But, honest to God, you can't go wrong in any of them...I hope you have a wonderful experience.

These are also my choices. We will be doing the first two twice on our upcoming cruise.

I really like Moderno, the Brazilian barbecue place. (I like meat.) Try the bacon-wrapped filet mignon and the pineapple. Try not to fill up on the "salad" bar (though it has great stuff too), and save some room for their great desserts.

Throw a dart, you can't go wrong!

We choose Cirque Dreams, Ocean Blue, Le Bistro and Teppanyaki and loved all of them.

(We've done Cagney's and Moderno on the PoA and loved them, too.)

We also considered Wasabi - $7 upcharge for all you can eat sushi! But one of our party wasn't a sushi fan so we skipped it.

Hi, sent you a friend request in the hope to chat with you about a few questions regarding BA. Thanks in advance.

Hi

Happy to answer any questions. Not sure what app you sent friend request through so I apologize if I have not responded. Berrytini