Employees get a year end free cruise bonus

evandbob

No, per the business owner who is quoted in the article the cruise was a performance incentive. No where does the word " gift " appear in the quoted passages:

He challenged employees a year ago to meet certain goals and offered the cruise as an incentive. “We were anticipating we’d have better sales again this year,” he said. “We just tried to get all of our people pumped up a little more to achieve the various goals, both customer-oriented goals and financial goals.”

A "bonus" is a gift. A 'performance incentive' is a gift. Anything not listed in the worker's contract is a gift as the owner is not obligated by law to give it.

Leave it up to this board to find something negative to squeeze out of a perfectly generous and well meaning story.

I would gladly accept any bonus offered to me and wouldn't mind paying the taxes. I can tamper down my party mode if my boss was going to be around. Anytime you are in a social setting with your boss, you should govern yourself accordingly anyway.

I hope they have a blast! Kudos to this company. Bonuses are not so common anymore.

No I don't know of that company. Haven't had a need for leggings! LOL Is that a subsidiary of Leggs? Except fish eggs? Roe.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D

Love LuLaRoe leggings!! So sooooooooofffftttttt.

*As for the taxes, as an accounting student, I am curious how the owner expensed all this and what the tax implications are for the employees. Still think its incredibly amazing of him to do this though. :)

I'm curious which ship they are on...I, too, sail out of Miami on Jan 8th. What are the chances they are on the Splendor????

sounds like a good incentive to work there. we don't get a bonus of any kind and I haven't had a raise in 4 years.

According to the article, they are leaving on the cruise Monday the 9th, flying down to Miami on the 8th. The only ship leaving Miami on the 9th is the Carnival Victory, 4 day cruise.

My son and his college buddies take a cruise every January.

This year, most of them are 5th year Seniors (they all were co-ops). Many invited their Dads to go. 9 Dads and 21 of he boys are going. My son and Husband are excited.

We think they will be on the cruise with the cabinet Company! Jan 9th on the Victory.

I have soooo many questions for them as an HR Professional. Many have been raised here such as taxes etc. Also, do they also get paid this week? Do they have to use vacation time? Could they take their family, if they paid for them? Could they buy the drink package? What were the excursion options? How many to a room? Lol!!!

We are a very profitable Employee Owned Company (ESOP), we have quarterly Profit Sharing and a generous Christmas Bonus on top of what I believe is a good benefit package.

Believe me when the benefits do not go in someone's favor or how they think it should be...the complaining begins! I say, this man at the cabinet Co is a genius! This cannot cost him $1000 per Employee. We hand out WAAAY more than that in cash over the year and get no hoopla or publicity. I said maybe we should do a cruise. Several people said...I hope there is a cash buyout, I don't want to vacation with these people! Yep! You cannot please people!