Employees get a year end free cruise bonus

evandbob

Wow what an employer. Nice guy for sure.

My niece and her hubby are going on a "company cruise" in Feb. Its a sales promotion and the company bought out the entire Splendor I think. Then they had so many qualify that they had to book half of another ship. The kicker is that the company owner is Morman and there will be NO alcohol served on board. I wonder what they had to pay Carnival for that priveledge? I feel bad for the waiters and bartenders who certainly won't make many tips that week selling Cokes. I'll be anxious to hear how this cruise goes.

Bravo to any employer who can do this for their employees.

I'm curious which ship they are on...I, too, sail out of Miami on Jan 8th. What are the chances they are on the Splendor????

sounds like a good incentive to work there. we don't get a bonus of any kind and I haven't had a raise in 4 years.

Only thing I get from my job is more work.

Same here, ten years ago we had Christmas bonuses and yearly bonuses for hitting metrics, but at some point someone decided they could keep those costs, now we get to keep our jobs if we are lucky. The company can achieve the highest profits in its history and we are lucky to get a thank you. Profit sharing beyond salary is becoming a thing of the past.

Probably a taxable gift.

Could be. Cash would also be taxable. As I said, if one does not want the gift for any reason, they can choose not to accept it. Nut to tell your boss there should be an alternative gift because you don't like the one offered would be extremely rude.

It's a gift. No option is required. One can either except the gift or not.

No, per the business owner who is quoted in the article the cruise was a performance incentive. No where does the word " gift " appear in the quoted passages:

He challenged employees a year ago to meet certain goals and offered the cruise as an incentive. “We were anticipating we’d have better sales again this year,” he said. “We just tried to get all of our people pumped up a little more to achieve the various goals, both customer-oriented goals and financial goals.”

I'm curious which ship they are on...I, too, sail out of Miami on Jan 8th. What are the chances they are on the Splendor????

sounds like a good incentive to work there. we don't get a bonus of any kind and I haven't had a raise in 4 years.

I was looking for the same thing since I will be sailing with you. :) It looks like they will be leaving port on Monday the 9th. Whew! That was a close one!!

My boss pays for my cruise every year! If he hits his sales goals, I travel. I just pick out my cruise and he will bonus me that amount. That is my annual bonus, I get monthly bonuses also:D

My boss is wonderful!!!

Wow what an employer. Nice guy for sure.

My niece and her hubby are going on a "company cruise" in Feb. Its a sales promotion and the company bought out the entire Splendor I think. Then they had so many qualify that they had to book half of another ship. The kicker is that the company owner is Morman and there will be NO alcohol served on board. I wonder what they had to pay Carnival for that priveledge? I feel bad for the waiters and bartenders who certainly won't make many tips that week selling Cokes. I'll be anxious to hear how this cruise goes.

Bravo to any employer who can do this for their employees.

Does he hire only Mormons?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Travel vacations are all well and good as long as a cash bonus is also an option. Cruises aren't for everyone.

Agree.

We are offered a combination of time off (anywhere from 3-5 days) and cash (more days off...less cash). I always opt for maximum time off.

Agree.

We are offered a combination of time off (anywhere from 3-5 days) and cash (more days off...less cash). I always opt for maximum time off.

My company does a similar system. It's a peer points system and one of the things you can trade for points is time off. That's what I do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums