Should I be worried - "my" cruise have "disappeared" from ncl.com

TrumpyNor

In May 2016, we booked a 14 days cruise with the Norwegian Jade from Hamburg to Norway, UK and Iceland. Departure date from Hamburg July 16th 2017 and return date to Hamburg July 30th 2017.

If I do a cruise search for July for the Jade, it only shows two available cruises:

* July 4th-July 16th, Norway & North Cape from Hamburg

* July 30th-August 9th Norwegian Fjords from Hamburg

"My" cruise is not available on ncl.com anymore, and I find it hard to believe that every cabin in all categories are sold out already. I am not too worried yet, as everything looks fine when I log on to myncl. But I must admit that I am feeling a tiny bit uneasy though, as this is the first time I have experienced that a cruise that I have booked suddenly "disappears" like that...

Edited by TrumpyNor

apparently NCL site is having issues the last few days according to a thread just below yours so don't panic yet!

Yes, I know, but those issues were "error messages" when trying to do a search, if I have understood it correctly. Hopefully my "problem" is related to that, and it is nothing to worry about. But I must admit that my heart skipped a couple of beats at first, thinking that maybe the issues on ncl.com lately had to do with NCL changing or cancelling some of the cruise itineraries (as they have done earlier this year regarding other European cruises)....

Edited by TrumpyNor

In May 2016, we booked a 14 days cruise with the Norwegian Jade from Hamburg to Norway, UK and Iceland. Departure date from Hamburg July 16th 2017 and return date to Hamburg July 30th 2017.

If I do a cruise search for July for the Jade, it only shows two available cruises:

"My" cruise is not available on ncl.com anymore, and I find it hard to believe that every cabin in all categories are sold out already. I am not too worried yet, as everything looks fine when I log on to myncl. But I must admit that I am feeling a tiny bit uneasy though, as this is the first time I have experienced that a cruise that I have booked suddenly "disappears" like that...

Could be sold out. Could be a glitch in their system.

Does it show up when you log in under your upcoming trips? If not, then you should really worry.

It could simply be that the cruise is sold out. Log into MyNCL and see if your are still booked. I just logged in and all is well.

Yes, as I stated in my initial post, the cruise is still listed under my upcoming cruises. So everything is probably all good then...

Call Norwegian. I was scheduled for Jade early March 2017 and it got chartered. they didn't notify me I called and asked them because I read on CC that it may be chartered.

I have send an e-mail to my PCC at NCL, just to be reassured that everything is OK (as I hope it is).

I am booked on the 14 night September 11, 2017 and mine also went missing today from the booking site. I noticed yesterday that it was available but if I tried to do a dummy booking it showed sold out all categories. Today it's not even an option-doesn't show as an available sailing. I then noticed that all 14 night Jade sailings went missing for 2017 Europe so it's not just your sailing. Fingers crossed it's just a computer glitch.

I know they did some reshuffle of the cruises early on but I would hope that charters for all 14 night sailings wouldn't be happening at this point with so many who already paid for airfare. I was so excited to get such a deal on airfare.

Edited by littlelulu01

I received an answer from my PCC. She wrote that she had not heard about any changes and that as far as she knows it is "just" sold out. (All though in the past I have actually known about changes before she did on more than one occassion).

So I am for the time being counting on that being the case. The 14 days cruise is "sold out" 7 months before sailing date.....

I am actually releaved to read that other 14 days cruises on the Jade are not showing ascwell - that makes it (at least in my eyes) more likely to be a "glitch" in the system for the time being.

Edited by TrumpyNor

We are also on this cruise. I checked last month and there weren't any cabins available. I just assumed that it was sold out since it is going to Iceland, and there aren't a lot of cruises available to Iceland. I know when we sailed to the Baltic on DCL in 2015 the cruise was sold out in February or March when we sailed in July.

Wouldn't NCL have to let us know if they took our cabins and were chartering it? I really don't know how that works.

ETA: I was on MyNCL yesterday checking shore excursions and it was still listed.

Edited by ctnurse

I contacted my PCC to ask about potentially adding our kids to reservation or booking them a separate room and my PCC said my sailing (9/11/17) is no longer in the system. Seems like it may be something more than a website glitch. I know the 14 and 15 night sailings on the Jade were popular but for all of them for 2017 to sell out at the same exact time seems a bit suspicious. PCC said he'd try and find out what's up.

Hello Anita

Good luck with your search; the cruise isn't showing on the NCL website we get here in NZ.

Mike

We were booked on the Pride of America for a cruise following a drydock last March. This sailing was unique in that it left from San Francisco rather than doing the regular 7-day itineraries around Hawaii.

This cruise disappeared from the NCL website not once, but I believe two or three times from when we booked until we sailed. And not just for a day or two...it would be missing for a long time.

I worried because I was convinced plans would change for the drydock and the cruise would be cancelled. (In the end I was partially correct...the cruise did happen but left a day late due to work not being completed.)

I realize yours may be a completely different circumstance, but just wanted to chime in with my experience so you know that sometimes cruises do disappear from the website for no reason.

Well I think some good news from my pcc. My cruise is not canceled just oversold. He said its possible some large groups booked available staterooms causing them all to disappear at the same time. Said it's currently only oversold by 6 and so at some point rooms will probably come back into they system and I can add kids. Said most likely after final payment.

Well I think some good news from my pcc. My cruise is not canceled just oversold. He said its possible some large groups booked available staterooms causing them all to disappear at the same time. Said it's currently only oversold by 6 and so at some point rooms will probably come back into they system and I can add kids. Said most likely after final payment.

Thank you for the information! :)

With the one before and the one after showing, the odds are that your cruise has been chartered.

Or sold out

This sailing is still showing on a number of third party websites with only suites available. The sailing before and after have wider availability.

That doesn't negate the remote possibility of a chartering but it is more likely NCL considers it sold out.

Good luck to the OP and hopefully it's not a charter situation.

Thank you for the information! :)

Sure. I have been kind of keeping an eye on the prices and availability for the 14 night Jade sailings since October. I think your sailing was selling very well. I know the itinerary is fairly unique but didn't think that September would also be so popular. In fact a few weeks ago there was some pretty good price drops leading me to believe there was still considerable inventory for my sailing. I was able to rebook and get a Haven suite for 50% off second passenger. According to the fish site your sailing didn't really see the price drops so I think it sold much better but selling out several 14 night itineraries, some 8+ months in advance is not common in the cruise industry.

I still find it hard to believe that my sailing went from plenty of available staterooms including the GV and several non Haven suites to sold out overnight. Still seems strange but more plausible than a bunch of 14 night charters.

A lot of the private excursions are non refundable. I've purchased one so far but think I'll hold off on any more just in case.