Has Carnival eliminated 5 passenger rooms?

hihosilvers

We've sailed on deluxe oceanview rooms on the Breeze, and I recently searched for an upcoming cruise on the Vista - which I knew had the same rooms - and it now says that the max is four for these rooms. I expanded the search to the Breeze, Magic and Dream, and had the same problem. Is this a mistake, or an actual change? I still see 5-person rooms on some of the older ships, but that's not what I'm looking for.

thx.

There were some 5 person rooms on our upcoming Vista cruise. I believe they were in the Family Harbor area. I just looked again but they don't show up.

Ya, I'm worried that they've been eliminated on the Dream class ships. That would suck big time for my family.

Ya, I'm worried that they've been eliminated on the Dream class ships. That would suck big time for my family.

I don't think they eliminated them, I think they are just sold out. There were several available a few months ago.

Vista Deck plans

Rooms with a half circle - 2 Twin Beds (convert to King), Double Sofa Bed and

1 Lower Pullman

Rooms with a V - 2 Twin Beds (convert to King), Single Sofa Bed and

2 Upper Pullmans. Beds do not convert to King when both

Upper Pullmans in use.

Some are more like suites, but the latter appear to be ocean views.

I've tried several mock bookings on Dream class/Vista for different dates. When it gets to the how many people part I click the + up to 5 and it is grayed out with a note that says room for 5 guests not available. Seems odd that I am randomly choosing sold out sailings.

I've tried several mock bookings on Dream class/Vista for different dates. When it gets to the how many people part I click the + up to 5 and it is grayed out with a note that says room for 5 guests not available. Seems odd that I am randomly choosing sold out sailings.

There are few rooms for 5 on the Dream class ships and they tend to sell out quickly. Hopefully that's the explanation, because one thing that first drew me to Carnival was that they accommodated families of five better than any other cruiseline.

I just did the same thing out of curiosity. Did 3 months in 2017 and 2 dates in the Summer and November of 2018. Dream and Vista. Nothing for 5. Says "Room for 5 guests not available." No way every 5 passenger cabin is sold out on two ships already through November 2018.

We are sailing on the Dream on Jan 15 and we have a deluxe OV for our family of 5. We booked in at the beginning of Aug. I was surprised that we were able to book it with it only being 5 months out and the ship is now sold old.

How much more room does deluxe OV have versus standard OV?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've wondered the same thing. There were plenty of five room cabins available for the Magic next October when I looked last month. I looked a few weeks later and none were available. So I started checking every Dream and Vusta class ship over a year out and all were not available. I guess I need to call my pvp and find out.

I noticed this today while searching, too! We're booked in a 5-person room in the Sunshine next month, and now, no 5-person cabins are available anywhere for the next 2 years. Really hope this is a glitch and not a change, or this upcoming cruise will likely be our last on Carnival.

This is very odd. No rooms for five on the Sunshine or Dream class ships, even on sailings that can't possibly be sold out, like mid-January 2019. In the past, the Sunshine had plenty of rooms for five. But the search engine does show rooms for five on both Fantasy class ships that I checked (Elation and Imagination).

If it's not just a computer glitch, I don't know why they would change the deluxe Dream class cabins that were designed for five people (with a fold-out couch NOT a trundle), and still allow the grandfathered five-with-trundle inside cabins on the Fantasy class...but no longer on the Sunshine. :confused:

When I had three young kids, I really appreciated being able to have us all in the same room. The ease of booking a room for a five-person family helped me choose Carnival for our first cruise years ago.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

That I don't know. Deluxe has 2 bathrooms, I know that.

The deluxe oceanviews are listed as either 220/230 sq. ft. - some of that being the extra half bath.

I did another mock search and there are 5-passenger rooms available on the Triumph. Nothing on the Dream or Vista class. Hard to think this is a computer glitch.

I think your problem may be that you are trying to book online. It may be that you now have to call to book five in a cabin. EM

Why suddenly make it more difficult? And five in one room can still be booked online on the older ships that allow trundles in the four-person rooms. From what I can see, it's only the redesigned Sunshine and the newest ships, even though the latter have rooms that were specifically designed to accommodate five people, with two lowers, two uppers, and a fold-out couch.

I'd love to get confirmation from Carnival that this is some kind of odd computer glitch. This is no longer a huge problem for my family, but I would feel bad for other families of five who want to share a room, and question why only the most in-demand and expensive ships are affected.

It appears to have been some sort of glitch (or maybe a test if you're a conspiracy theorist)? I just redid my earlier search and rooms for five are showing up again on Magic, Vista, Sunshine, etc, at least for most sailings. I don't know if someone called to report it or Carnival has employees reading this page, but all seems to be back to normal. :)