discounts for certain groups?

tntutter

I am looking at the prices on the website, and after I log in, and check past guest, military, over 55, and our state, the price doesn't change. I thought there would be some kind of discount, or do these groups not matter in pricing?

The Military rate is usually the same as Early Saver without the restrictions. Of course, you have to qualify for it. It's usually better than Past Guest.

Ok Thanks for the info...does Carnival ever have sales, or promotions where perks are added to your cruise purchase?

Hi there

People ask this or similar questions quite often and my answer is usually about the same as well.

Imagine you pass a store window and you see a sign 50% off. What do you think, is that a really good deal? If you don't know what the price was yesterday or a month ago, you really wouldn't have any idea. So the same would be for your cruise "specials".

The prices for cruise cabins go up and down often. If they say there is a special promotion today, you really wouldn't know if the price was hundreds less a month ago, unless you had been following the price.

Your best bet is to follow the prices of cruises you might be interested as early as possible for you (a year or more in advance is not unreasonable). When you see prices that you feel comfortable with and that might allow for some form of price protection, possibly one that you have no charge cancellation, and that you feel that you will be able to go on and enjoy, book it.

Now you know what a good price is, that is what you will pay. If the price goes down, you have price protection rebook or get an onboard credit, if the price goes up, you will feel great that you have done your homework and the price you paid was the best you could have gotten.

hope this helps

have a great cruise