New to specialty dining and OBC

coconutmonkey

I am new to Norweigan and want to know if I have to make advance reservations prior to sailing for the specialty restaurants. Can I opt to pay with my OBC or do they require payment at the time of booking. If I wait till I am on the ship, will I have problems securing an 8 or 8:30 pm reservation.

Regards

I am new to Norweigan and want to know if I have to make advance reservations prior to sailing for the specialty restaurants. Can I opt to pay with my OBC or do they require payment at the time of booking. If I wait till I am on the ship, will I have problems securing an 8 or 8:30 pm reservation.

Regards

They only book a certain percentage pre cruise, but that does not mean they will have an 8:00 or 8:30 on the night you want it when you board.

If you are wanting one of the a la carte places, Cagneys, Le Bistro, La Cucina, then you can reserve precruise and the charge will be $0 as how would they know what your tab would be? When you actually go, you can use your OBC to offset your actual tab. If it's Moderno or Teppanyaki, which have flat cover charges, you would be charged the cover fee precruise. You could wait till you board and hopefully they will have your time available.

There are some fixes few restaurants like Teppanyaki, Monderno, and Dinner Shows (on the mega ships) that require payment at time of booking.

Cagneys, Le Bistro, La Cucina, that are a la carte and you pay for what you eat (no advance payment - use your OBC).

Highly Recommended that you make reservations exactly 90 days in advance (100 for suites). Prime time dining sells out quickly online. They hold tables for onboard bookings. They sell out quickly also.

Cagneys and Teppanyaki are the most popular and sell out first.

If you have an OBC you can wait to use it. Unless you want to pick a certain day (birthday anniversary) to dine @ a specialty restaurant you shouldn't have a problem picking any day to dine.

You can go to Guest Relations. When I cruised they have a side of the desk that dealt with specialty dining and they also had all the menus for you to view.

If money is not an issue book now but if you want to use the credit, waiting shouldn't be a problem. You will be able to dine at some point during your cruise. All specialty dining won't be full every night. And also picking a time like 8 sounds good to me b/c I noticed at 5:30 when they opened for "dinner" that's when it seemed to be most crowded.

There is also a screen near the elevators and it has an image showing if the restaurant is filling up quickly with red/green indicators. 9503698_orig.jpg

I have the 3 meal sdp plan. If I book teppanyaki pre cruise and pay it. Do I get refunded once I am on the ship and use the sdp for it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had sdp included with booking and was able to book cagney's, moderno, teppanyaki, and la cucina without pre-paying anything. We were also about to make reservations for 4 free when only 2 people in the room had the perk. I am not sure if they charge anyone to pre-book anymore or if it's just because I had sdp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums