Another QM2 deviation?

Underwatr

A few minutes ago I noticed that we've deviated from our course for New York and are now steering a more or less westerly course (the sun was coming in our window which ordinarily faces west at this time in the cruise).

Perhaps the Captain will give an explanation during the noon message. The closest landmass doesn't appear to be due west of our current position.

Edited by Underwatr

Could Be Wasting Time Before Heading Back To NY....

There are other shipping around on Vessel Finder. Cargo Carriers, Tankers, Small Craft and A Celebrity Passenger...

Estimate two hour future track shows more of a western turn...

Could be nothing....

Apologies for hi-jacking your thread but it made me look at the webcams and I notice that the QV is at sea but I think they're supposed to be in Madeira today and overnight. Sea-scanner website says they're in Funchal Madeira but can't show the current position.

333crk5.jpg

Edit: I think the webcam picture might be stuck as it doesn't seem to be updating.

Edited by Ray66

Apologies for hi-jacking your thread but it made me look at the webcams and I notice that the QV is at sea but I think they're supposed to be in Madeira today and overnight. Sea-scanner website says they're in Funchal Madeira but can't show the current position.

333crk5.jpg

Edit: I think the webcam picture might be stuck as it doesn't seem to be updating.

QV left Gran Canaria at approx. 0500 this morning now 45 miles south of Funchal, AIS gives eta as 2300 GMT, 2200 local, conditions in Funchal do not look good on webcams and Saga Pearl 11 is currently on north side of island possibly sheltering.

QV webcam in Gran Canaria showed some white water on her port side indicating possible strong winds, she was also in a very tight spot in the harbour.

Sea Scanner shows the assumed position going by the cruise itinerary and should not be relied on against AIS

To those QM2 passengers disembarking in NY: Sorry to say, there's been a bit of a SNAFU at airports...US Customs and Border Protection computers were down for a few hours, but apparently are operating now.

Best wishes,

Salacia