kid-friendly excursions in Cozumel and Progreso

poshmom

I've been to both of these before children. I need to know from people who have taken kids and what they enjoyed. Tell me what not to sign up for. We are pretty adventurous. don't mind the sun/heat. We live in TX. :D The kids love the beach, but not sure if that's what we should do on both excursions. We are also pretty active. My kids ages are 11, 9 and 7.

I've been to both of these before children. I need to know from people who have taken kids and what they enjoyed. Tell me what not to sign up for. We are pretty adventurous. don't mind the sun/heat. We live in TX. :D The kids love the beach, but not sure if that's what we should do on both excursions. We are also pretty active. My kids ages are 11, 9 and 7.

Passion Island via Twister Boat (if the 7 yr old is big enough, that is). Make sure you ask if you can be on Hector's boat..he'll take good care of y'all. :D We <3 Passion Island.

Paradise Beach with their blowup water toys and floating mats in Cozumel. We have also done the dune buggy excursion which would require 2 buggy's that are standard. You snorkel, visit a light house, and visit a tequila factory. It was so awesome we did it twice. We've only been to Progreso once. We took the $2 narrated bus around town, then headed to the beach for cheep massages and henna tattoos.

We recently did Carnival Beach Day at the Reef Club in Progreso. We had good time and although many people drank a lot we did not see anyone getting out of hand and the staff was very welcoming of children (at least half the guest we kids). The food was poor and mother nature was not kind to the beach but other that those it was a great time.

Several years ago we did Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel and we found them surprising kid friendly. Again many people drank a lot but our child never noticed any problems. (One young lady had to be carried to a taxi.