What time is realistic to get to pier for Adventure of the seas?

Our experience has been that the staterooms are open by 2pm on Adventure.

Thanks Bob.

Another question, since I'll be arriving and boarding right around 2pm what time can I expect my luggage to arrive at the room? Just wondering if it'll be there in time for dinner in the MDR.

Our uber rides between Caribe Hilton and OSJ (dropped or picked up in the plaza Colon area of OSJ) were between 5 and 7 dollars. I tipped about 2 more in cash each way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can ride the bus for a buck:D

Trying to decide when to do OSJ. I sail on the Jewel in less than 2 weeks and get in Saturday around 3pm. Was supposed to be 1 but my flight changed...thanks AA.

Anyway, I've been to OSJ in the past few years, but the last time I was there the fort was closed and I haven't done that since 2004, so I really want to do that. Getting in at 3 might pose difficult, unless I run right to the hotel, check in and then over to OSJ and get there before closing at 6 and then do dinner. Ideally I'd like to do this, but it seems rushed.

Also considered going off after check in and lunch, but I'd kind of prefer to relax that day.

The final option is to go after the cruise since my flight isn't until 4:20. I read about that place that stores baggage, but they don't open until 10-11?

For anyone that have already sailed on AOS, please tell me about Debarkation. What time would you advise for return flights back to the states? How long does it take to get from the ship to the San Juan airport? And are there vans avail at the peir to transport large groups of 15 ppl?

This is not an absolute, but in all likelyhood a group of 15 would get split up, unless you catch one of the bigger vehicles just as it arrives. I would recommend reserving something for yourselves.

The final option is to go after the cruise since my flight isn't until 4:20. I read about that place that stores baggage, but they don't open until 10-11?

Most hotels, especially the large chain hotels will store your bags for the day, you will need to tip them both when dropping your bags and when picking them up. Some hotels will charge a fee for each bag some will not charge anything but we have never paid more than $5/bag. You can be dropped off at the hotel, drop your bags and walk to the fort then catch a cab to the airport from the hotel. I think you are going to have a very hard time doing the fort the day you get there if you want to do the whole fort. My advice would be to stay the night in Old San Juan Saturday and do the fort Sunday before going to the port. You do not need to be the first one on the ship, the rooms aren't ready till later anyways, and the ships do not leave till late out of San Juan. Treat the first day as a port stop and do your excursion before boarding.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another question, since I'll be arriving and boarding right around 2pm what time can I expect my luggage to arrive at the room? Just wondering if it'll be there in time for dinner in the MDR.

No rhyme or reason to this. You may or may not. Last year we were onboard by 11:30 so our luggage was dropped way early. Mine was there before the rooms were opened, my husbands was there after 8:00. They would have been checked at the same time. Earliest we have had any bags on a ship is before the rooms opened latest is around 9:00 PM. Could be anytime, we always take an extra change of clothes, swimsuit, meds, and our toiletries in a carry on. Plus watch the weather and if any rain is in the forecast we pack our clothes inside trash bags so if the suitcase winds up sitting outside in the rain the stuff inside the suitcase is not getting wet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Bob.

Pack what you want for that evening in a carryon. First night dinner is casual because they know you might not yet have bags. I usually want to look nice so i put those clothes and shoes in my carryon. No worries that way.

Trying to decide when to do OSJ. I sail on the Jewel in less than 2 weeks and get in Saturday around 3pm. Was supposed to be 1 but my flight changed...

Have you accepted the change?

Take a look at AA's website and see what other flights would be acceptable to you. Then call AA and let them know that a two hour change doesn't work, but these flights would. They should switch you at no extra cost.

This is not an absolute, but in all likelyhood a group of 15 would get split up, unless you catch one of the bigger vehicles just as it arrives. I would recommend reserving something for yourselves.

We had a group of 12 two weeks ago and once we got outside the terminal I asked for a taxi and they referred me to the tours people. We had a big "bus" that had room for probably 20-25 and we paid $10 each to go from the pier to the airport.

In hindsight, I should've asked him to give a quick tour of San Juan since we had a few first timers in the group and tons of time before our flights but it is what it is. Really nice guy too.

Have you accepted the change?

Take a look at AA's website and see what other flights would be acceptable to you. Then call AA and let them know that a two hour change doesn't work, but these flights would. They should switch you at no extra cost.

I did notice that rule when it changed but I wanted to keep my connecting airport in the south and not Philly, which is what the earlier time would've given me (just in case of weather.) Charlotte also has several other flights to SJU after in case anything should happen.

Coming home it changed too, but favorably to where I get home earlier!

Pack what you want for that evening in a carryon. First night dinner is casual because they know you might not yet have bags. I usually want to look nice so i put those clothes and shoes in my carryon. No worries that way.

Yeah, may do just that or just wear what I have on from the flight down.