What time is realistic to get to pier for Adventure of the seas?

We are leaving San Juan on the Adventure of the Seas on January 14th. Our documentation says that we can start boarding at 1230p. But, I have seen posts that people arrive much earlier than stated time. Is there any advantage or disadvantage, to arriving before 1230?

You should be ok arriving as early as 11AM. Adventure is the only ship boarding on Jan14 per CruiseTT.

We have found the San Juan International Pier to be a bit chaotic at times.

They have a line to drop off luggage which can get long. Upper tier C&A have a luggage drop that moves quickly. The check in was quick enough to have us on the ship within 30 minutes from arrival most trips. Love the Southern ports! Have a great cruise!!

Edited by racerxspeedy

Hi,

We just got back! We got to the pier last week around 11:30 and was onboard by 12. We have always arrived between 11-12 and have never had a problem getting on at this time.

Ali

Thank you! We are leaving this Saturday and I was wondering the same thing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! We are leaving this Saturday and I was wondering the same thing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have upper tier status like the previous poster mentioned, you can bypass the first line for dropping off your bags.

Have a great cruise!

We are leaving San Juan on the Adventure of the Seas on January 14th. Our documentation says that we can start boarding at 1230p. But, I have seen posts that people arrive much earlier than stated time. Is there any advantage or disadvantage, to arriving before 1230?

Based on my experience this summer, 11 am is the earliest I would recommend for a San Juan departure. If I were ever to sail from San Juan again, I would arrive between 11:45 and 12:15.

Until passengers are actually checked in for boarding, they wait outside the building in the heat/humidity. There is a separate line for suite passengers, I do not recall if they also waited outside the building or were allowed inside once they arrived at the port. When passengers were finally allowed in, the single line was split into two lines at some arbitrary point selected by the port workers, thus many who arrived later were actually processed into the building before those who had arrived earlier. There were few seats inside the building itself. It was not a positive experience, arrive later not earlier!

I am on your sailing! Only 12 more days! I have sailed from SJ multiple times. We always get to the pier at around 11:30. We like to get on board before the rush and get started enjoying the ship. 11 is too early and 1 is too crowded, IMHO. See you there!

I am on your sailing! Only 12 more days! I have sailed from SJ multiple times. We always get to the pier at around 11:30. We like to get on board before the rush and get started enjoying the ship. 11 is too early and 1 is too crowded, IMHO. See you there!

Yea!! We will all just meet and get on board and have a great time!! There are 33 in our group, "The Hippies" !

Just wondering how far the Pan American Pier is from Old San Juan.

Have cruised from San Juan before, but always from the pier in Old San Juan.

Sailing Saturday 01/07 on the Adventure of the Seas.

Thanks,

Mike

About a 10 minute cab ride, if traffic is not bad. Too far for us to walk.

Come back and let us know how it goes for you. When I boarded Jewel here we arrived at 11 and were waiting for the windjammer to open, just outside her doors at 11:30 :cool:

I'm sure looking forward to being back on a Voyager class ship.

Come back and let us know how it goes for you. When I boarded Jewel here we arrived at 11 and were waiting for the windjammer to open, just outside her doors at 11:30 :cool:

I'm sure looking forward to being back on a Voyager class ship.

Will do!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Note, at the time, we were still gold, and that line I mention was for luggage. Everything after that was super-quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So, I'm a bit confused. Is it Gold and up that has the faster line, or is it higher? We will be platinum, but not until after our cruise in February. Thanks.

Thanks,

Mike

There is no terminal at old San Juan?

So, I'm a bit confused. Is it Gold and up that has the faster line, or is it higher? We will be platinum, but not until after our cruise in February. Thanks.

I don't know why it's changed? The line is baggage or no baggage as of December 2016. Platinum or above baggage drop off is on the left side.

Thanks,

Mike

Almost all cab rides in San Juan are a set price. Ask before you get into the cab. Be aware they charge you $1 PER LUGGAGE PIECE. Plus if there is a lot of traffic from your hotel to the pier drop off there will be a $5 extra charge. We were just there.