Pacific Explorer Mrs Buzz Birthday Cruise

After a long absence from P&O Australia I have booked on Pacific Explorer for September this year. It will be interesting to see how it all goes. A cruise without Zeniths, Elite +, Elite, Select, Classic, Preview, Crown and Anchor, Diamond, Platinum, Golds, Silvers, Reds, Blues etc will be different. The obvious ones we will encounter are known so no need to enlighten me thank you. I know certain CCers look down their noses at P&O Australia but we will give it a go and see what happens. Cheers, Buzz.

AA cruise without Zeniths, Elite +, Elite, Select, Classic, Preview, Crown and Anchor, Diamond, Platinum, Golds, Silvers, Reds, Blues etc will be different.

Ah, but instead you'll have the Cruiselings! :eek: ;) :D

Have a great cruise. :)

• 2 weeks later...
$1 pp deposit and a free soft drink package thrown in ! Will be handy for those " i need a fizzy drink " mornings :)

I was looking at those promotions yesterday - particularly with the premium drinks package included. I compared a 7 night south pacific trip with P&O against the 8 night one I took with Celebrity - P&O were $1000 p/p dearer:eek: That's just crazy.

I was looking at those promotions yesterday - particularly with the premium drinks package included. I compared a 7 night south pacific trip with P&O against the 8 night one I took with Celebrity - P&O were $1000 p/p dearer:eek: That's just crazy.

Yet people still book with them 😅

I was tempted to give eden or aria a go. Many friends were also. I thought best to see how my friends go. Most were disappointed. The best review I recevied was "we enjoyed ourselves because we love cruising. However the food and entertainment was mediocre and the ship was falling apart". Perhaps thats a good tag line to mimic princess 'come back disapointed'

I was tempted to give eden or aria a go. Many friends were also. I thought best to see how my friends go. Most were disappointed. The best review I recevied was "we enjoyed ourselves because we love cruising. However the food and entertainment was mediocre and the ship was falling apart". Perhaps thats a good tag line to mimic princess 'come back disapointed'

Friends who cruise a lot - I mean more time on board than at home - made very negative comments about the Eden and Aria. They are happy to go on the other P&O ships.

After a long absence from P&O Australia I have booked on Pacific Explorer for September this year. It will be interesting to see how it all goes. A cruise without Zeniths, Elite +, Elite, Select, Classic, Preview, Crown and Anchor, Diamond, Platinum, Golds, Silvers, Reds, Blues etc will be different. The obvious ones we will encounter are known so no need to enlighten me thank you. I know certain CCers look down their noses at P&O Australia but we will give it a go and see what happens. Cheers, Buzz.

Good one Buzz, I think P&O is useful for a certain type of cruise (if at the right price) and we have one set up for my birthday in May. Everyone knows what to expect and what not to expect but the cruise will serve a purpose and will still be fun. It is also useful for collecting OBC (via share holder benefit) and cruise points to become one of those Elites on Princess.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Enjoy.

I've only done one P&O, and other than some lovely times sitting chatting with Marcia Hines, can't think of one point where it came within cooee of Celebrity or Princess.

A cruise is a cruise and if the price is right P&O fits the bill. Lowering expectations and knowing that you are not on a X or Princess cruise so things will be different, is a great way of enjoying yourself.:D

I agree Mic, it is what you make it. We just cruise to enjoy ourselves and not worry about perks others are getting. We make the best of any cruise , if we don't like something onboard we do something else next time. As for price, I agree P&O Aus prices are expensive compared to other cruiselines but if we want to go on a particular voyage we go and don't go looking for better deals elsewhere , just our choice. As I said previously , joining all the other cruiselings is ok by us. No areas cordoned off for those self entitled VIP's ! No priority boarding , lounges, preferred tendering, laundry, mini bar set ups, as long as the drinks are cold and the toilets don't block up we are happy cruisers, cheers, Buzz.

I agree Mic, it is what you make it. We just cruise to enjoy ourselves and not worry about perks others are getting. We make the best of any cruise , if we don't like something onboard we do something else next time. As for price, I agree P&O Aus prices are expensive compared to other cruiselines but if we want to go on a particular voyage we go and don't go looking for better deals elsewhere , just our choice. As I said previously , joining all the other cruiselings is ok by us. No areas cordoned off for those self entitled VIP's ! No priority boarding , lounges, preferred tendering, laundry, mini bar set ups, as long as the drinks are cold and the toilets don't block up we are happy cruisers, cheers, Buzz.

Good attitude.

As for costs compared to other cruise lines, some of these P&O cruises can go for a real discount price so an El cheapo cruise can be had.:D