Star Azipod News and progress

karoo

I am coming on in Auckland. Any current news? Feeling very frustrated!!!!!!

Traveling 2

Sydney to NZ roll call is saying they have been offered full refund on cruise in cruise credit or stay onboard with obc and cruise credit

Get ready for same offer out of Auckland to Singapore.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sydney to NZ roll call is saying they have been offered full refund on cruise in cruise credit or stay onboard with obc and cruise credit

Get ready for same offer out of Auckland to Singapore.

It's a silly offer for us as we are about to fly 8000 miles and are on fixed airline tickets. Would only be good if we get 100% cruise credit plus the opportunity to sail

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a silly offer for us as we are about to fly 8000 miles and are on fixed airline tickets. Would only be good if we get 100% cruise credit plus the opportunity to sail

Agreed, it's a terrible offer and no good for us.

We are leaving on Feb 10th for Hawaii, then on to Auckland before boarding on the 18th...full refund doesn't help us with those airfares and return fare from Singapore , as insurance won't cover unless entire cruise cancelled. If we leave and then cruise cancelled, we will need to scramble to get home since our return flight is out of Singapore in March....quite a mess and no word from NCL!

UK booking

This is a major change so package holiday regs kick in.

100% refund and compensation for all costs including independently booked flights.

a Cruise is a package holiday.

We are leaving on Feb 10th for Hawaii, then on to Auckland before boarding on the 18th...full refund doesn't help us with those airfares and return fare from Singapore , as insurance won't cover unless entire cruise cancelled. If we leave and then cruise cancelled, we will need to scramble to get home since our return flight is out of Singapore in March....quite a mess and no word from NCL!

That sucks big time. I would be looking at contingency plans and alternate cruises or tours that may fill the void.

UK booking

This is a major change so package holiday regs kick in.

100% refund and compensation for all costs including independently booked flights.

a Cruise is a package holiday.

IS THIS TRUE?

We are on the Auckland cruise and booked through a UK travel agent inc flights, hotels etc. How many cancelled ports would constitute a major change? And how should we claim?

IS THIS TRUE?

We are on the Auckland cruise and booked through a UK travel agent inc flights, hotels etc. How many cancelled ports would constitute a major change? And how should we claim?

Yes, it's true but not sure how it works. I think Norwegian would be responsible for a full refund Inc flights but don't quote me on that.

Yes, it's true but not sure how it works. I think Norwegian would be responsible for a full refund Inc flights but don't quote me on that.

If the flights were organised by NCL for you then it would incorporate them as well, if not (as seems the case) they normally only compensate for a change of flights fee.

Contact the TA.

Just would like updated info. Seems waiting for the last minute to be notified of itinerary changes is difficult to make alternate plans.

Good luck... ncl has no idea how to communicate with its passengers let alone even communicate with the ship and with in its own organisation.

They have new problems, a long way to travel - there will be more changes.

Evidence- they had no idea what was going on with the last 3 cruises even though they were shorter cruises and were repeating already visited ports.

Ncl = head in the sand!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I was also in the jan5 sailing the only one to not receive a future cruise credit and still am furious!!! Because of that I will not be cruising ncl again after doing 15 cruises with them.

SUSAN0000...

Totally agree; posted my frustration on our 5 January CC thread --

BettyNL

IS THIS TRUE?

NCL UK Booking T&C condition 8. 2 or more ports cancelled.

(16/17 brochure)

this has to be there as it is covered by regulations(other EU bookings as well).

NCL are ALSO breaking the ABTA code of conduct by not offering the option to cancel with full compensation so a complaint to ABTA will also needed by all effected UK bookings even if you decide to still go.

A cruise, even booked cruise only is a package holiday as it has accommodation and travel. If a bigger package with flights(ATOL certificate) that should eliminate anyone trying to tell you cruise is not a package.

Your TA should support you in this if it on their ATOL cert they are responsible for the package.

You are looking for "package holiday regulations"

which has a summary

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/package-travel-regulations

Edited by insidecabin

The Captain is talking to the leader of the protest this courageous American is not happy. I am happy and will accept the offer. I was very upset now I am satisfied and enjoying my cruise. Eating ways to much.

I am glad you are now happier and making the most of the cruise.:D

The Captain is talking to the leader of the protest this courageous American is not happy. I am happy and will accept the offer. I was very upset now I am satisfied and enjoying my cruise. Eating ways to much.

Thanks again for your updates. So glad you are enjoying the cruise.

Have the protests in the atrium continued? We board on Feb. 6 and do not want to deal with that at all. I suspect the protest leader is also scheduled to be on our sailing. I hope the Captain can get corporate NCL to give him what he wants so he disembarks in Sydney.

Thanks again for your updates. So glad you are enjoying the cruise.

Have the protests in the atrium continued? We board on Feb. 6 and do not want to deal with that at all. I suspect the protest leader is also scheduled to be on our sailing. I hope the Captain can get corporate NCL to give him what he wants so he disembarks in Sydney.

Can't imagine protests now after being given a 100 % credit.

This wouldn't of happened without the protests & media attention.

Can't imagine protests now after being given a 100 % credit.

This wouldn't of happened without the protests & media attention.

I agree. Thanks, Guys. Coming on board for Feb 6th to 16th

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Flying 11000 miles in less than 3 weeks and still no idea where we will be going, whether we will make our return flights from Singapore or what compensation will be for not getting the holiday we booked. No chance of flight refunds as we booked seperate. As everyone has said, crap communication from NCL as well as a blatant disregard for customers by keeping this crippled blind dog sailing...

If all I was concerned about was the boat, eating and drinking, and not destinations, I could have gone to the Caribbean which is a lot closer...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Flying 11000 miles in less than 3 weeks and still no idea where we will be going, whether we will make our return flights from Singapore or what compensation will be for not getting the holiday we booked. No chance of flight refunds as we booked seperate. As everyone has said, crap communication from NCL as well as a blatant disregard for customers by keeping this crippled blind dog sailing...

If all I was concerned about was the boat, eating and drinking, and not destinations, I could have gone to the Caribbean which is a lot closer...

You can guarantee you will be offered 100 % credit from Auckland to Singapore

Have a look at the great deal Ovation of the season has out of Brisbane to Singapore Feb 22 ....works great with your Singapore connections.

Bail out if you can.

I agree.

A FCC is only of value if you would use it.

I note you are from UK. NCL is in breach of quite a few regulations.

Check Inside Cabin's post.

Annie