What to do in Cozumel help please!

MamatoJack

My son (7) and I will be in Cozumel on Jan 18th from 10am to 7pm (I think that's right). I can't decide what to do! We are doing a sting ray swim in Grand Cayman and going to Tropicante in Costa Maya. We love the beach and swimming. My son is not the strongest swimmer and I worry he'll want to do the big floating things at some of the Cozumel beaches, and not be able to. I am hoping to keep it at (or under ha ha) $100 for the two of us. Any ideas? I have looked at Paradise Beach, Mr Sanchos, booking an AI, Chakanaab. I'm just confusing myself!

I would like a place kiddo can swim and we can have a snack or lunch. I don't expect we'll be at the beach all day, we have early dining and I expect we'd head back to the ship by 4. I looked at Playa Mia through the ship but the excursion starts at 1pm and that seems late to get going to me! Help?

The last time we were in Cozumel, we went to Chakanaab. It was an awesome day! They have a great beach, and it was easy to grab a taxi to and from the ship. We enjoyed lunch there, which included some awesome chips and guacamole. I think you could do the whole day--taxi, Chank tickets, light lunch--for $100. My son was 8 the last time we were there and he loved it. I do have a caveat though--the shore there can be pretty rocky and the day we went, the waves were pretty strong. We snorkeled on our own, so my son was wearing a vest the whole time and it wasn't a problem...just wanted you to be aware. Also, water shoes are a must for here for us. Very rocky ocean floor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Chankanaab is a good option - $20/adult for admission and the cab fare should be $11 each way. With your son's admission, some drinks and food, etc. you should be able to stay under $100 unless you give in and sign up to let him swim with the dolphins! :o

Paradise Beach would be my other suggestion - $17 cab fare each way (covers up to 4 passengers, so pair up with another couple from your roll call ;)), $3 admission/chair rental, great facilities, good food/drinks/service and a HUGE pool. The water toys will cost extra, but your son can wear a life vest for safety.

Have a great cruise! :)

I been to Cozumel 2x now.

Each time we just walk and walk for 5 miles each way on the side of the road that hug the beach.

Then we go to the supermarket to buy titbits. I was amazed at how much the US dollar can go. Next time I will bring a extra suitcase.

I been to Cozumel 2x now.

Each time we just walk and walk for 5 miles each way on the side of the road that hug the beach.

Then we go to the supermarket to buy titbits. I was amazed at how much the US dollar can go. Next time I will bring a extra suitcase.

Not the advice I would give to someone travelling with a 7-year old son, but I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Coz.

Chankanaab is a good option - $20/adult for admission and the cab fare should be $11 each way. With your son's admission, some drinks and food, etc. you should be able to stay under $100 unless you give in and sign up to let him swim with the dolphins! :o

Paradise Beach would be my other suggestion - $17 cab fare each way (covers up to 4 passengers, so pair up with another couple from your roll call ;)), $3 admission/chair rental, great facilities, good food/drinks/service and a HUGE pool. The water toys will cost extra, but your son can wear a life vest for safety.

Have a great cruise! :)

Either of the above would be great choices -- good, safe, fun, and fairly inexpensive .

Enjoy! :D

I have been to Cozumel several times and been to both Paradise & Chankanaab. I was there in April with my grandkids. We went to Chankanaab & had a great day. I think the snorkeling is better there. Make sure to walk a little ways down the beach when you get there. The 1st entrance is pretty deep. It doesn't look it but when you step off the ladder it's well over an adults head. My daughter is 5'10" and she said it was way over her head. Father down the beach has a much more gradual slope when you enter the water. The kids loved the lagoon, seeing the Dolphins and sea lions. They also have a zipline if you're brave :).