Please help with Caribbean Princess and outside rooms.

tammymacb

I'm currently booked in a balcony for a 12 night BI cruise on the Caribbean Princess in 2017.

We have a large group booked and airfare is purchased so it's happening.

However, I am considering moving from the balcony to an outside room. I know we will have very few chances to sit out on a balcony because we only have one sea day and a very busy schedule. Savings moving from the balcony to the outside are at close to $1000 per person.

So, I've been on a ton of cruises but never Princess.

I've been in an outside room on Disney that had a HUGE porthole, like sliding glass door size. Princess doesn't appear to have that. But, I've found a lot of stock photos online so don't know what's really available.

Are there any "good" balcony rooms? Ones I should specifically look for? I know some are obstructed by lifeboats so I've been looking at deck plans and trying to get an idea where to stay.

Any advice from a Princess pro would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by tammymacb

I'm currently booked in a balcony for a 12 night BI cruise on the Caribbean Princess in 2017.

We have a large group booked and airfare is purchased so it's happening.

However, I am considering moving from the balcony to an outside room. I know we will have very few chances to sit out on a balcony because we only have one sea day and a very busy schedule. Savings moving from the balcony to the outside are at close to $1000 per person.

So, I've been on a ton of cruises but never Princess.

I've been in an outside room on Disney that had a HUGE porthole, like sliding glass door size. Princess doesn't appear to have that. But, I've found a lot of stock photos online so don't know what's really available.

Are there any "good" balcony rooms? Ones I should specifically look for? I know some are obstructed by lifeboats so I've been looking at deck plans and trying to get an idea where to stay.

Any advice from a Princess pro would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Caribe deck balconies are the largest. Half covered.

Plaza Deck....great location....

Yes! Plaza is awesome!! My family will not let us book a room anywhere else! They love the convenience of the international cafe, vines, and Alfredo's (when it's there). Two cruises ago we were on Dolphin. They complained sooo much even though we were in a mini suite (vs inside or outside on Plaza).

I like the idea of being mid ship (Dolphin or Caribe) because you are half way between going up to the Lido deck and down to Plaza. We agree to not use elevators on cruises because of all the eating and drinking, and going from Plaza up to Lido can take your breath away. Last cruise I would pause on Dolphin and say yep, this could have been as far as I had to go... :)

So, we will continue to book Plaza when we travel with my kids.

Thanks!

Are there any differences between the outside rooms actual windows? Are all the windows small and above the bed unlike the Disney large wall picture window?

I'm a little nervous about booking an outside but I just don't think we'll justify the price for it. If we were doing Norway again or Iceland etc, I'd do a balcony but for the BI, I don't think I need it.

Thanks!

Are there any differences between the outside rooms actual windows? Are all the windows small and above the bed unlike the Disney large wall picture window?

I'm a little nervous about booking an outside but I just don't think we'll justify the price for it. If we were doing Norway again or Iceland etc, I'd do a balcony but for the BI, I don't think I need it.

Lots of photos and info here.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/caribbean-princess

We did the BI cruise last July, initially got an aft Caribe balcony room C726, with half the balcony covered. We then updated to a mini suite , more living space. We used the balcony to sit and read after returning from the days adventure, good luck!

Thanks!

We often book outside and usually obstructed on Emerald deck. You do have to do some research on Emerald deck to get a room with only minor obstruction. As far as I know almost all outside rooms have the same window on Princess. The only exceptions I know of are a few Lido deck rooms on the Grand which have large windows and some aft facing outsides on the Caribbean on Rivera deck which have two portholes. What you really want to research is the bed orientation, the princess illustration is not accurate for most rooms. If the room is listed as accommodating more than two people the beds will be under the window as Princess illustrates. If it is listed for two occupants it will almost always have the beds on the sidewall and the window will be more accessible. There are a few exceptions, but the only time I have run into one was on the Diamond, which while only accommodating two people had the bed under the window. Also be warned that if an outside is listed for more than two the extra beds are swing-down wall mounted and are an inconvenience.

Edited by MGAfhc

Thanks!

Our Oceanview room on Plaza deck had a small window, unlike Disney's.

Thanks so much for this!

I had a really hard time finding a room with minor obstruction...they were all being held by a group. But found what I'd consider two "decent" views side by side. So I got lucky.

They say they sleep two so I'm hoping for a window I can look out of.

They're on the Emerald deck.

I saved $1000 per person.

So, I'd say, I'm happy!