Cabins on deck 8 on Golden Princess.

suexxx

Hi. Would love to hear from any cruises that have had cabins on deck 8 on Golden princess. All Types . Suexxx

i was on a guarantee recently on the Golden Princess and i finished up getting an inside E103 deck 8 which is right down the front near the crews quarters and the only noise i heard were the crew walking past the cabin if they were talking....i thought i would get some noise from the theatre but nothing at all

We had a mid-ship obstructed cabin on the Golden. The obstruction only amounted to looking over the top of one of the small boats, so very minimal obstruction. The cabin was really conveniently placed, near the main stairwell, so we could nip down a flight of stairs and be on the Promenade Deck. Inexpensive cabin that we liked a lot!

We have had obstructed ocean view cabins on Deck 8 on Golden and other Princess ships several times. Love the fact that we are close to Promenade and Fiesta and Plaza decks, where so many things happen.

Just be careful to check the deck plans to see what will be right below you.

We’ve sailed numerous times in cabins on Emerald deck 8 on the Golden, Crown, Ruby and Star princess. The cabins are nice and close to everything. Check out the web site that you can go to to view the obstruction when looking out the window. On our next cruise we are in cabin E416 on the Emerald.

Thank you all so much for your replies. They have been a great help. Still not sure what to book but it is fun doing the research. Suexxx

I always say that planning a trip is half the fun - and DH always gives me a funny look when I say it. Good thing one of us likes to plan or we'd never go anywhere!

we were on two Hawaiian cruises on the Golden. one time an OV on the Emerald deck (is that deck 8?) We were over a lounge on the Plaza deck -- no cabins below us. we could hear the singer, but very softly at night until about 11:30, but it didn't bother us at all. Also near the elevators -- didn't hear the noise, but I guess if there's noisy passengers you'll hear them and it won't matter if you're near the elevators or not.

We've been on the Emerald deck on many different Princess cruises .. both obstructed OV and the mini suites. It really is our favorite deck to live on during our cruise ... so convenient to everything.

Not all the oceanview rooms are created equal, though. I would hesitate to be right over the martini bar and I use Renmar's site to try to get one of the most least obstructed rooms. The minis are sweet on this deck ... all are covered. Also check the deck plans to try to book a room not directly above the speakers if on a ship with the lounge directly below.

I have heard that some cabins can be a little noisy from midships to forward due the positioning of the bars, lounges and theatre below. we had E218, never heard any bad noises and it was obstructed only partially, but the view was good in the centre.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I know you asked about Deck 8 but thought I would just mention that I've just returned from a cruise on the Golden Princess and was on Deck 9. We had a mini-suite with balcony. Our son slept on the sofa which converted into a bed at night and it was great.

I don't think there is much difference between Deck 8 (Emerald) and Deck 9 (Dolphin) depending on the type of cabin. The shops and entertainment are on decks 6 and 7, and the pools and buffet are on 14.

Edited by Junior1962