Transportation from Newark airport to Port

Hi, I am booked on the Breakaway for January 29th but only able to get a flight to/from Newark airport. Can anyone tell me the best (ie least expensive and reliable ) way to get to/ from the port. Thanks

I'm sure some of the locals can chime in but least expensive and reliable may be mutually exclusive.

You can take the bus to the train station and then cab or walk to the pier. We've used Dial7 lately and they have been reliable but not the least expensive option.

We used Carmel Limo. $54 for two, includes all the bridge/tunnel tolls, etc. Very reliable and clean, I would use them again. Better than dealing with trains and buses and cabs. We used a (filthy) cab on the way back to the airport after the cruise and it cost more than the limo.

The Newark Airport Express bus stops at each terminal and proceeds to Port Authority for $16. per person. Then a5 minute cab ride for about $10. That's about $42. total. But good luck getting a cab if it's raining. If you can do a town car service like Dial7 for under $60. I wouldgo with that. Have a great cruise.