Cell Service Out of New Orleans

redwave

For how long is there land based cellular service after departure out of new orleans on the triumph or dream, e.g. all the way until entering the gulf of mexico? Or does it stop after two hours?

TY

I have AT&T. It seems to work well from the New Orleans pier to around Pilot City. Between Pilot City and the gulf, it is very sporadic and near non existent once you reach the gulf.

Edited by stobe1

Some years ago now, our then-teenage daughter was talking to her boyfriend on her cell phone as we were enjoying the landmarks along the Mississippi. After a time, her coverage was spotty...then non-existent, as I had forewarned here....and then our family vacation began. :)

I have AT&T. It seems to work well from the New Orleans pier to around Pilot City. Between Pilot City and the gulf, it is very sporadic and near non existent once you reach the gulf.

Yes, I believe the last cell tower is around Boothville-Venice, about 12 miles above Pilottown. Not sure which carriers' towers these are.

We just returned from Triumph, had service until we went to bed with ATT. I was told you hit the gulf about 10pm. Coming back the gulf was choppy due to the winter storm, about 11pm it was smooth again as we entered the river.

Sent from my iPad using Forums