Fort Lauderdale - Best of Times, Worst of Times

NJ Fred

This is a great post. I was also once amazed at how well princess seamlessly worked with local authorities to do everything possible to get passengers to the ship even though it was due to a late plane. The logistics employed by HAL and princess by ground personnel during this tragic event were truly amazing. It really shows how much goes on behind the scenes to create a quality customer experience regardless of the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, so appreciate the eloquence of your heartfelt post. Yesterday was such a sad day--it should have been a happy day for those who were arriving in FLL. Our hearts & prayers to all those affected. Kudos to all that helped in the aftermath.

It certainly puts into perspective the petty complaints and moaning we see sometimes here on CC about trivial matters related to travel or cruising. Nothing can compare to the horror of the events at the airport. We all need to keep this in mind.

NJFred, you put my thoughts into words perfectly, as have several (most) others, most notably Ian. Thank you all. Hearing individual stories and experiences makes this so real and not just an abstract happening as news articles often do.

Fred, I'm from the Jersey Shore, specifically Belmar, in Monmouth County. Are we almost neighbors?

Maureen

NJFred, you put my thoughts into words perfectly, as have several (most) others, most notably Ian. Thank you all. Hearing individual stories and experiences makes this so real and not just an abstract happening as news articles often do.

Fred, I'm from the Jersey Shore, specifically Belmar, in Monmouth County. Are we almost neighbors?

Maureen

PS - for everyone's future reference the CP is the Sea Princess (I think). The Caribbean Princess is the CB. I learned that when I first started posting on the Princess Boards, after being corrected about 5 times! I'm sometimes a slow learner.

Maureen

What it means to be a HUMAN. This reflects the American spirit and more. The indomitable spirit of those of us who believe in service to our fellow man. As someone in the camp of believing people are basically good, this confirms every instinct I have. Thanks for the post. And sympathies to the families of all affected by the tragedy at FLL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What a beautiful post!

As I watched the TV in horror (and tears), I saw the terror on faces. So so sad.

I will be at FLL next Friday arriving early for a cruise. What if I had booked a week earlier to cruise I would have been there.

In the blink of an eye everything can change.

So forgive often and love with all of your heart.

You may never have that chance again.

To those that were there, you are in my prayers. For those that helped you are in my prayers. And I pray for this country to heal itself.

Thank you for the heartfelt, kind words you posted. I feel many are thinking, "That could have be me or my family."

I will pray that the passengers on HA ship and CP ship will be able to enjoy their cruise after everything that went on before boarding.

Yes, "Well Done!" to everyone involved.

Such beautiful thoughts in this ugly time. Our son flew out of FLL to come home for the holidays and we will be there in three weeks to leave on the Regal. Yes, it could have been us. Prayers for all involved.

Your words are so spot on! Our hearts ache for the victims and cannot even begin to comprehend why someone would do this. Our son is a Broward County Deputy (he was off yesterday), but he has talked with his co-workers and the scene was just simply surreal.