pre cruise night

sonocruiser

What would you do? We will be arriving very late the night before our cruise- 1230am. Stay at MCO Hyatt or a port canaveral hotel? About the same price. I plan on hiring a private car for cruise transfers to and from. Thanks!

If you stay in MCO you will get to your hotel around 1:30 a.m If you stay near Port Canaveral you are looking at arriving closer to 3:00 a.m.

If it's me I stay at MCO so I can get more sleep. Most of us tend to get up at the same time no matter when you go to sleep, so IMO that is a big deal.

Remember if you are coming from the west coast your body will still be on west coast time and your arrival will seem earlier to you.

I would definitely stay at the Hyatt in the airport. We have had very long waits for a shuttle to even a local hotel near MCO, and going out to the port would put you there 2 - 3 hours later. You can walk to the Hyatt without leaving the building, if I recall correctly.

I would definitely stay at the Hyatt in the airport. You can walk to the Hyatt without leaving the building, if I recall correctly.

Yup. The "inside" windows and balconies look down upon the TSA security checkpoints within the terminal.

I would definitely stay at the Hyatt in the airport. We have had very long waits for a shuttle to even a local hotel near MCO, and going out to the port would put you there 2 - 3 hours later. You can walk to the Hyatt without leaving the building, if I recall correctly.

Another vote for the Hyatt. It's actually right in the building. The hotel elevators are over by the land-side Starbucks (which is open 24 hrs if you need anything when you land). There's also an escalator up to the lobby as well.

What would you do? We will be arriving very late the night before our cruise- 1230am. Stay at MCO Hyatt or a port canaveral hotel? About the same price. I plan on hiring a private car for cruise transfers to and from. Thanks!

we actually flew in the night before, stayed at another airport hotel (took the airport shuttle back and forth to the airport) and used the NCL transfer from the airport to the port on day of sailing. NCL uses large motor coaches and transfers your bags directly to your stateroom.

Although we are flying and cruising out of Miami we had the same thoughts. Our flight arrives at 12:30 and by the time we collect our bags and wait for the shuttle it will be well after 1:00. We decided on just staying at an airport hotel. Of course those are much cheaper than hotels near the port. We just want a place to sleep (I don't usually sleep much the night before my cruise anyway, too excited.)