Transportation from Miami Airport to FLL Hotel

jewel825

Hi, my family of 6 is flying into Miami in April for a cruise out of Port Everglades. We are staying at the Gallery One in FLL pre-cruise and need transportation from the airport to our hotel. We are taking a red eye flight and will be arriving around 8 AM on a Friday morning.

Then we will also need transportation after the cruise from Port Everglades to the Miami airport.

Any suggestions on private shuttles?

One option:

Take an Uber or Lyft vehicle.

Second:

Tri-Rail from Miami Airport to Ft. Lauderdale Tri-Rail station and take a taxi or Uber from there.

You can download the Tri-Rail app that has the schedules, fares and faq's to make a smooth journey.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we did a similar trip last March and used Larry's Limos.

Driver was waiting for us at MIA and took us to Gallery One. On disembarkation from cruise he was waiting in the holding area near Port Everglades and I just sent a quick SMS to say we had exited the terminal and we were waiting at kerbside.

Price was $87 inc gratuity from MIA to Gallery One and $88.50 incl gratuity from Port Everglades to MIA. This was for a sedan car however for the trip from MIA to Gallery one they sent a stretch limo at no additional charge :D

DW was impressed!

6 plus bags would be a real squeeze in an UberXL (especially if anyone packs like my wife); two UberX would work better and should cost $40+ each

I think the Larry's Limo option sounds better, but it is your call.

One option:

Take an Uber or Lyft vehicle.

Second:

Tri-Rail from Miami Airport to Ft. Lauderdale Tri-Rail station and take a taxi or Uber from there.

You can download the Tri-Rail app that has the schedules, fares and faq's to make a smooth journey.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I looked into the Tri Rail option which would be nice but it still takes us about 5 miles away from our final destination and the cost of an Uber (well two Ubers) would not give us any cost savings from using a private shuttle. I do love using Uber though for the short little distances without all our luggage!

we did a similar trip last March and used Larry's Limos.

Driver was waiting for us at MIA and took us to Gallery One. On disembarkation from cruise he was waiting in the holding area near Port Everglades and I just sent a quick SMS to say we had exited the terminal and we were waiting at kerbside.

Price was $87 inc gratuity from MIA to Gallery One and $88.50 incl gratuity from Port Everglades to MIA. This was for a sedan car however for the trip from MIA to Gallery one they sent a stretch limo at no additional charge :D

DW was impressed!

Awesome, thanks! I'll contact Larry's Limos for a quote. This is exactly what we want!

6 plus bags would be a real squeeze in an UberXL (especially if anyone packs like my wife); two UberX would work better and should cost $40+ each

I think the Larry's Limo option sounds better, but it is your call.

I think I'll see what Larry's Limos can do for us. It does sound like the best option. Thanks for responding. I think you have helped me in the past with transportation to/from Port Canaveral and I really appreciated it. For Port Canaveral, you had recommended Michael from Executive VIP and he was wonderful.

I looked into the Tri Rail option which would be nice but it still takes us about 5 miles away from our final destination and the cost of an Uber (well two Ubers) would not give us any cost savings from using a private shuttle. I do love using Uber though for the short little distances without all our luggage!

Sorry Tri-Rail did not work out for you. I try to pass this along to the adventure seekers (well kind of) since many don't know about this service. Tri-Rail has a station at Miami Airport and has FREE connecting shuttles to Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach Airports. They have luggage racks on the train and this in my opinion beats the stressful traffic on I-95. Rates are very reasonable too.... and on weekends you can ride Tri-Rail (all day) for just $5.00 per person.