Miami hotel near restaurants/shopping

Momma Rene

We are departing from Miami and will not have a car. Would love a hotel near restaurnts/shopping. Loved leaving from Fort Lauderdale and stayed at the Riverside. Wonderful shopping/restaurants. Great walking area. Anything like that in Miami for a pre cruise stay that is not outrageously priced?

The Brickell area just south of the port has upscale shopping, restaurants, and good for nice walks. As you get further north into downtown there are restaurants with very little else except the Bayside Marketplace. Theres a convenient people mover rail system that you can ride between downtown and Brickell for free. I would avoid the people mover later in the evenings. If you want to venture anywhere else research the area. Some of the areas west and north of the downtown area are not the safest. Depending what month you sail, and what events are planned for the area the hotels can get pricy. You wont find chain hotel prices in these areas.

Edited by skrufy

We are departing from Miami and will not have a car. Would love a hotel near restaurnts/shopping. Loved leaving from Fort Lauderdale and stayed at the Riverside. Wonderful shopping/restaurants. Great walking area. Anything like that in Miami for a pre cruise stay that is not outrageously priced?

We have booked at the InterContinental Hotel downtown Miami, they are close to Bayside Market Place and you can also request a room overlooking the Port of Miami. Check into it.

I prefer Mary Brickell Village over Bayside.

Much better selection of restaurant and stores and now with the addition of Brickell Centre there is no comparison. It is downtown Miami.

There are lots of hotels to choose from at various price points so I am going to give you a range not knowing your budget.

Hampton Inn

JW Marriott

Conrad Hilton

Four Seasons

Now I am going to give you one that just recently opened and has been getting great reviews. We stopped by there last week before we boarded a cruise out of Miami.

It is East Hotel

http://www.east-miami.com

Keith