Meet and Greets

NancyW12

Unless your cruise line sponsors the Meet & Greet for CC members - such as Celebrity, Carnival, and I think Royal - it is up to the roll call to organize it. Sometimes it is totally internal, the group decides where and when to meet. Other times someone coordinates with someone on the ship for the time and place (HAL, Princess...). EM

I've never seen a ship-wide 'meet & greet', only those sponsored by Cruise Critic of occasionally other groups. There may be an event for different levels of the loyalty club for the line, but those are often very crowded and not the best opportunity to socialize.

In a way, the entire cruise is a 'meet & greet' - feel free to start a conversation with anyone sitting near you at the pool, in a lounge, the buffet, at shared dining tables, or even close-by tables for two. You'll quickly know if they are interested in continuing the conversation or not...if not, just move on to another opportunity. We've had good & bad roll calls. There's no way to predict what one will be like, but we have noticed that longer cruises to more unusual destinations or with more sea days tend to attract more activity.

There are cruise lines that organize and sponsor "Meet & Mingle" and sends invites to passengers for registration. Some don't but they send officers to participate in "Meet & Greet" organized by passengers themselves usually thru CC Roll Calls.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Usually on cruises I've been on, there's a captain's welcome party out in the open area of the ship. I guess that's the closest to a general meet and greet...but it's on individual passengers to talk to the others.

We have met people in the buffet. If it's really crowded and you see a big table with empty seats, you can ask if you can sit there. Often people understand that this is very common in cruising.

I attended several Meet and Greets organized by someone on my ship's roll call. Last trip, no one else had volunteered to organize one, so I did! It was really fun, and I did not have to do much more than contact the cruise line. They suggested when and where. I gave them the names of those on the roll call who wanted to attend. The ship sent out invites to them.

We were supplied with a great assortment of sweets, coffee and tea. (It was at 10:30 a.m.) many of us had planned to share excursions or to explore a port together. During the rest of the cruise, we often ate a meal with each other or wandered a market or museum together.

I strongly urge you to volunteer, if you wish! Just bring a marker and blank labels for name tags--write your Cruise username and your "real" name.

On the MCS Divina, the ship just automatically scheduled cruise critic meet & greet, it was listed in the daily newsletter. They provided cocktails & snacks. There were several department heads and officers present. They took a group photo and sent one to each cabin that participated. It was very nice.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

Do the ships offer a general meet and greet to the passengers at large or only to roll call type groups? My roll call is not very active.

In my opinion a cruise can be one giant M&G if you let it.