Great Stirrup Cay

Fun4Us2013

Has anyone rented the cabanas on the island? We are sailing in March on the Epic and wanted to know if it is worth the cost. There will be 8 adults and 1 child. Also I assume the food is provided and the drink package carries over to the island. Someone please tell me your experiences.

Has anyone rented the cabanas on the island? We are sailing in March on the Epic and wanted to know if it is worth the cost. There will be 8 adults and 1 child. Also I assume the food is provided and the drink package carries over to the island. Someone please tell me your experiences.

We rented a large cabana for our family of eight. It was definitely worth the cost. Here is the LINK to a review that I did.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2384202

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by CardFanDubG

We rented a small cabana (myself and 2 teen sons) over Thanksgiving week, on the Epic, and in all honesty I don't think I'd get one on GSC again. I did not feel that it was worth the cost.

We did not have waiter service - and the food provided with the $50 credit really was not worth it. (Plus they brought it an hour after our requested time.) Drinks are included however the line at the bar was very long - and for the first 1 1/2 hours they didn't have any ice to make frozen drinks.

Now - the beach areas did get super busy - so it was good to have our own space - just not nice enough to justify our cost.

We just rented a cabana at GSC in December. Honestly this is the best money I have spent on an "excursion". You do get a food allowance but really the best part was the level of personalized service by the wait staff. We're going back in August and the first thing I did after booking was reserved our cabana. Enjoy!

OK, thanks for all the responses but I am still confused on the $50 food voucher. If food is free, why do you need a voucher?

Food is free if you walk to the BBQ.....

The $50 food voucher is different food that the attendant will bring to the Cabana.

Do a search and you can find Cabana Menus

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Edited by esm54687

It is definitely worth the cost. We had a large cabana for the 4 of us. The cabana attendant was extremely attentive, checking on us every 20 minutes or so to see if we needed drinks or refills on our chips, fruit, or dips. He even brought us coffee in the morning. We ordered two trays of the shrimp and sushi with our credit. We didn't even go to the buffet because there are so much food in our cabana. Definitely order the shrimp. They were very good!

If you can, try to get cabana 10. It is secluded, and your hammock is to the side of the cabana, rather than in the rear like the others.

Edited by Sissaaaaaa

[quote name=Sissaaaaaa;5194051

If you can' date=' try to get cabana 10. It is secluded, and your hammock is to the side of the cabana, rather than in the rear like the others.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! We will see if cabana 10 can be ours when we board in less than 2 weeks!

I think I read that you can only have up to 10 people in a cabana. We are a group of 11 - can we all use the cabana?

I think they might have changed this, or maybe the lady at the excursion desk just made a mistake. When we turned in our menu, she said we can have 8 people, and any over that would be $29 a person (used to be $25??). Anyway, we only had 4 so it wasn't an issue, but you should double check on the number of included people. You get 8 bottles of water with the large cabana, so it makes sense that it includes 8 people.

Edited - I misread your question. Sorry. I'm not sure if they will allow 11 people.

Edited by Sissaaaaaa

I think I read that you can only have up to 10 people in a cabana. We are a group of 11 - can we all use the cabana?

It is true... only parties of 10 can use the cabana. Person number 11 must stay on the outside of the "cabana zone" and only watch the rest enjoy the cabana. [emoji1] [emoji1]

The "10" person" rule is in place so groups of 50 don't book one cabana and then the poor attendant is going crazy supporting them and bothering the next cabana, etc.

11 will be fine

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app