Anthing Positive To Say About The Liberty?

cuppettmd

Hey, Ya'll; we are sailing on the Liberty the 22nd. All of the recent reviews have been so negative. Does anyone have a good word about her? Folks used to really like this ship. Help! I need encouragement! Thanks!:confused:

The Liberty is my favorite! We've sailed on her twice, and I would have no hesitation in going again. There's a certain "vibe" to this ship that just strikes me the right way. If the Liberty had the Waterworks like the Breeze has, it would be the perfect ship for me. :)

We're on the Liberty 2/26 and I CAN NOT WAIT! I'm looking forward to any experience we have - good or bad - and plan to come back here and post a review. I can't seem to find many (good) reviews about that ship, but I'm feeling hopeful! I just noticed that Carnival "flipped" our itinerary around, so they're keeping me interested :)

So did we, we were on the 9/20/15 sailing, two weeks after the fire. Were you on our sailing or the 9/13/2015? If you were on the 9/13/2015, I got a picture of you guys returning to San Juan early that morning, just before 5AM, from our hotel balcony.

PGHSTEELERFAN

We were on the 9/13 :) Was such an amazing experience. I am sad Liberty is no longer sailing from San Jun.

Edited by csj092809

So did we, we were on the 9/20/15 sailing, two weeks after the fire. Were you on our sailing or the 9/13/2015? If you were on the 9/13/2015, I got a picture of you guys returning to San Juan early that morning, just before 5AM, from our hotel balcony.

PGHSTEELERFAN

We were on the 9/13 :) Was such an amazing experience. I am sad Liberty is no longer sailing from San Jun.

We're sad too, our favorite ship/favorite itinerary. We also had a wonderful experience. I'll attach those pictures for you since you were actually on her at the time. :) It was the morning of September 20, 2015 between 4:30 and 5AM. You were still a good distance out, but I used the zoom. Sorry about the quality...Liberty was moving. I also got up again at 6:45AM for more pictures from our balcony and didn't notice till after viewing my pictures on the computer that Liberty was just sitting out there waiting to enter the harbor. When I saw her out there earlier, she was on schedule to arrive at the dock between 5:30 and 6AM. We don't know the reason, but heard from a couple of others that they held her out there for some reason.

Carnival Liberty from Courtyard Isla Verde - 09/20/2015 around 4:45AM

IMG_8603-02.jpg

Carnival Liberty from Courtyard Isla Verde - 09/20/2015 around 6:45AM (just sitting out there).

IMG_8607-03.jpg

We're on the Liberty 2/26 and I CAN NOT WAIT! I'm looking forward to any experience we have - good or bad - and plan to come back here and post a review. I can't seem to find many (good) reviews about that ship, but I'm feeling hopeful! I just noticed that Carnival "flipped" our itinerary around, so they're keeping me interested :)

Flipped? Are you on one of the sailings that they dropped Freeport and are going to Princess Cays instead? If so, you got upgraded. :D I just saw pictures posted just this morning on a social network site (cruising page) of Princess Cays...beautiful.

Flipped? Are you on one of the sailings that they dropped Freeport and are going to Princess Cays instead? If so, you got upgraded. :D I just saw pictures posted just this morning on a social network site (cruising page) of Princess Cays...beautiful.

I was *hoping* for the Princess Cays stop instead, but we're still listed as going to Freeport. Thought it was odd that they reversed our itinerary (not that I really care since we didn't book excursions)...but of course I'm going over scenarios in my head and thinking "wouldn't it be GREAT if we went to Princess Cays instead"....wishful thinking :)

But we also got "upgraded" last night, from an 8B to a 8D balcony. This is our first vaca in YEARS so I'm happy no matter where we end up!

We, for the most part, enjoyed our time on the Liberty last November (Thanksgiving cruise). Our issues were with the itinerary changes (related to the much publicized propulsion issues that hastened the move to Florida from Galveston).

As for the ship itself, we enjoyed pretty much everything we tried (from food to activities). There were some minor upkeep things (some of the public area restrooms could use some maintenance and more regular cleaning, recreation/putt putt area needs a refresh). We heard some complaints onboard with breakfast in the main dining room (eggs tasting funny) but we didn't experience that (maybe a bad batch, as several tables around us sent back the eggs). I would assume the maintenance stuff was taken care of during it's December dry dock.

Overall though, I wouldn't hesitate to sail the Liberty again.

I've learned over the years to take every negative review on here with a HUGE grain of salt.

I was told the Victory was old and dirty -- it wasn't, either time.

I was told the Sunshine was overcrowded and still looked old -- it wasn't and didn't.

There's a lot of old, crabby, entitled complainers on here. I'm going on the Liberty with confidence.

Edited by hotsauce126

We sailed on the Liberty on September 19 and November 26 and had 2 good cruises. The crew is wonderful and we were sad to see the Liberty leave Galveston. Take the reviews with a grain of salt. The only issues I had on the September cruise were because of 2 specific people on the ship and the condition of our JS, which they promised would be fixed in the dry dock.

You probably won't have any reason to converse with the HR Manager and very few people will get the same waiter we had, so it should be just fine.

Glad to see you received multiple good reports about the Liberty. She was the ship that started my cruise addiction. I like that it still has the fish and chips place on Deck 10 - above the buffet. The fried fish is ok but the bouillabaisse is what kept me coming back! Have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed on the Liberty on January 15th and thought it was a beautiful ship. I posted a review on our trip. This was my 1st review after sailing 26 times because of all the bad comments I read previous to my sailing. The crew is friendly and hard working (1 rude 1).

The food was great, our cabin was great. The ship overall was clean and fresh. Only 2 negatives being the embarkation was long and tedious and so was the Coast Guard drill or whatever it's called. They both sucked and need to be more than just tweaked. Awesome trip all-round.