Anthing Positive To Say About The Liberty?

cuppettmd

Hey, Ya'll; we are sailing on the Liberty the 22nd. All of the recent reviews have been so negative. Does anyone have a good word about her? Folks used to really like this ship. Help! I need encouragement! Thanks!:confused:

I don't and haven't looked at reviews on ships in a while. I would take the reviews with a grain of salt. If "one thing" is not right then some will write a bad review.

I will be going on Liberty also Feb 9th. We have done a lot of 3 day cruises out of Pt. Canaveral and always have enjoyed then. It doesn't matter which ship either. They all have been good.

Hey, Ya'll; we are sailing on the Liberty the 22nd. All of the recent reviews have been so negative. Does anyone have a good word about her? Folks used to really like this ship. Help! I need encouragement! Thanks!:confused:

Carnival is a great cruise line I've never had a bad cruise with them just keep in mind out of the 2 or three negative reviews lately from each cruise remember there are almost a few thousand guests and you only here from two or three bad experiences you can't please some people!!!

It has been a year since we sailed on her, but we found the ship to be the prettiest we have sailed on so far and the staff very friendly. Our cruise was interrupted by an engine fire, but other than that we really enjoyed our liberty experience.

It has been a year since we sailed on her, but we found the ship to be the prettiest we haves sailed on so far and the staff very friendly. Our cruise was interrupted by an engine fire, but other than that we really enjoyed our liberty experience.

I, too, was on the Liberty in September 2015 (right after the fire). It was my first cruise ever and I LOVED the ship! The crew, the food... Everything. Hope you have a blast. We sure did!

If you look at my signatuee you will see we have sailed with the Liberty three times we loved her so much we did a B2B on her such a lovely ship the layout is easy to navigate and I never had a bad meal whether it be in the dining room or on the lido on this ship the three occasions we were on her I seriously would not worry you will have a fantastic time

Love this ship one of our fav's (next to the Magic)! Just make sure you get the cabin you want, the location you want as these are the things you can typically control upfront. Then you start the cruise in a place of "ahead of the game" and have the advantage of being happy with your choices. From that point on its attitude and being flexible but if you start in a good place you will have a great cruise.

Love this ship one of our fav's (next to the Magic)! Just make sure you get the cabin you want, the location you want as these are the things you can typically control upfront. Then you start the cruise in a place of "ahead of the game" and have the advantage of being happy with your choices. From that point on its attitude and being flexible but if you start in a good place you will have a great cruise.

We have two of the "funny shaped cabins" on Main deck. They are the ones with two windows near the back of the ship. I'm hoping that there is not much vibration considering the propulsion problems Liberty has had of late. This will be our eleventh cruise and I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks so much for everyone's' comments! Feeling Better 'n' Better!:)

I leave on the Liberty on the 15th. I am one who thinks your vacation is what you make of it. So, I'm sure I'll have plenty of good things to say about the ship when I get back. I'll try to come back here and post when I do!

I agree that your attitude can make or break anything....glad you think your vacation is what you make of it. I feel the same way as well. That being said, I think everyone would love to read a review from you. Happy sailing!

It has been a year since we sailed on her, but we found the ship to be the prettiest we have sailed on so far and the staff very friendly. Our cruise was interrupted by an engine fire, but other than that we really enjoyed our liberty experience.

We cruised right after you and I remember the engine fire very well since there were several days that we didn't know if we'd actually be cruising or not. Since airfare was non-refundable, we booked a week at the hotel in San Juan that we had reserved for the night before the cruise. But I'm glad you still enjoyed your Liberty experience, but I still feel bad for you and everyone else on that sailing. I do hope you got a "re do" of that cruise. Our favorite itinerary.

I, too, was on the Liberty in September 2015 (right after the fire). It was my first cruise ever and I LOVED the ship! The crew, the food... Everything. Hope you have a blast. We sure did!

So did we, we were on the 9/20/15 sailing, two weeks after the fire. Were you on our sailing or the 9/13/2015? If you were on the 9/13/2015, I got a picture of you guys returning to San Juan early that morning, just before 5AM, from our hotel balcony.

Cuppettmd...Liberty is now doing an itinerary where she doesn't need to hit the tops speeds that she needed to get to Cozumel and Progresso from Galveston since the Bahamas are a lot closer. We've actually been on Liberty twice, the only ship we've repeated. We LOVE her!!! We've been on two of the other Conquest class ships (Glory and Valor) and really love the size. They are large enough that there is plenty to do, but not so large that they seem "overcrowded". We love all the ships we've been on, but Liberty's decor is our favorite. The crew have always been great, but they have been on all of our Carnival cruises. Hope this helps.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

I sailed on the Liberty in August and October of 2016. Both cruises were hands down the best service I have ever received. The bar staff in the lobby (Iwan, Amie, and Indie) was fabulous. My family owns a restaurant so to be fair we have high standards, they absolutely went above and beyond our expectations. Room steward and dining room staff were fabulous as well.

I love the decor on the Liberty, especially the The Ventian, gorgeous! The atrium is 100% my favorite of all the ships I have been on. I can't say enough good things about this ship and crew. I'm so sad that it is no longer in Galveston, I would have been content to sail on it again and again.

I did post a review of my August cruise. Please let me know if you have any questions! You will have a blast!

If you look at my signatuee you will see we have sailed with the Liberty three times we loved her so much we did a B2B on her such a lovely ship the layout is easy to navigate and I never had a bad meal whether it be in the dining room or on the lido on this ship the three occasions we were on her I seriously would not worry you will have a fantastic time

Im curious how that works. Did you book the same room for both sailings? If so, i think it would have been funny to know you had to pack up all your stuff and remove it from the room, just to bring it right back 3-4 hours later :)

Me and my GF are sailing on the Liberty Feb 16th, can wait, watched a lot of youtube videos. We have been on other cruise ships, some more dated than others, none of it bothers me, i just like being on the water, waking up relaxing on the balcony.

The food isnt even all that, its good and by no means horrible, but if i wanted good food and amazing buffet's id be going to Las Vegas(which i do 2-3 times year).

I have thought about going on other cruise lines, but when i start looking at the prices they want for a Balcony, carnival wins everytime because for myself and my GF we just love getting away from it all and relaxing to the sound of the ocean. The ports, food, and entertainment really dont matter much to us. Everyone is different and goes on cruises for different reasons though, and i totally get it :).

I cruised Liberty in October. It was my first Carnival experience, but 53rd cruise overall. I enjoyed it. Like any ship on any line, it had its pluses and minuses but overall, I would not have a problem repeating the cruise. :)

She's small and older. Her serenity deck though is Amazing. Good position on the ship, loved the swinging beds. We actually took our dessert "to go" one night and had it up there watching the little islands float by on a Western Caribbean cruise. That was a very special memory

I do remember a sewage smell twice...from the whole week. But it wasn't bad enough to make me hate the ship.

People can be nasty in their reviews. Snobbish even. Like they're the king and everything must be perfect or the cruise was awful. It really all depends on your personality. If you see something you don't like, will you get horribly offended?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cruised on the Liberty twice in 2016 including the October 27th cruise that blew an engine after we went full speed to make up time since we had to go back to Galveston an hour after sailaway because a passenger broke her ankle,dancing on Lido. The Liberty has the best crew I've experienced in 15 Carnival cruises on 9 different ships. The Alchemy bar is awesome and so is the Steakhouse. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

we're on that cruise too! I figure it only cost us $1382 for two ocean view cabins so I'll just deal. As long as we make it to Freeport and Nassau for the hours we've been promised, i'll be happy. ;):)

I hope to see some better reviews in the future. We are sailing in April.

Overall I know we will have a great time. As long as things are clean and the ship is on time and the food is good. We are not fussy people and can overlook a lot.

Sometimes I think the reviews can be your enemy!