Captains Club Free Laundry changed?

Redtravel

Just read a recent review that the free laundry offer is more limited. A bag which was 30 items is now limited to 20 items. The return time was 24 hours is now 48. Is this true? Has anyone used the free laundry offer recently? I sail in 2 weeks on the Eclipse for a 14 night cruise. Since my spouse and I are elite +, we get 4 free bags of laundry per cruise. On our last cruise ( one week), the free laundry offer could not be used during the last 3 days of the cruise. That made our free laundry offer too restrictive. Is this restriction still in place?

When sailing in places with water use restrictions, (some parts of the Baltic, Alaska, perhaps others) the item count is reduced from 30 to 20. In the review you read, where was the ship?

The free laundry has always been "standard" service, with 24 hour service being an extra cost. That being said, most of the time you would get your laundry in 24 hours even on standard service. I don't believe that has changed.

And the limitation on sending out laundry on the last three days has also not changed.

When we sail in Europe, it's always restricted to 20 items and has been for years. However, last May, if we put a bag out in the morning, we had it back by the next morning. I think it depends on how many people are using the ship laundry.

Edited by 2theship

We did a Summit 7-day cruise, and it was 20 items. 15-day TA it was 30. Turned in the morning and received back the afternoon of the next day -- 36hours? It wasn't a problem for us.

If you need an item back sooner, let your stateroom attendant know.

When sailing in places with water use restrictions, (some parts of the Baltic, Alaska, perhaps others) the item count is reduced from 30 to 20. In the review you read, where was the ship?

The free laundry has always been "standard" service, with 24 hour service being an extra cost. That being said, most of the time you would get your laundry in 24 hours even on standard service. I don't believe that has changed.

And the limitation on sending out laundry on the last three days has also not changed.

Great summary.

We have sent our laundry on Wednesday on a cruise ending on Saturday morning. Got it back on Thursday. Thursday is cutting it rather close unless you chose to pay for expedited.

We used it three times on two Eclipse cruises in the Caribbean just last month. I didn't take a count on the number of items, but we got everything returned on the afternoon of the next day. Service was excellent and nothing shrank.

I had a stain on a light colored linen jacket I had asked to be cleaned. I received a call saying the stain had not been removed with normal cleaning, would I care to have them try more aggressive procedures? I hesitated because I preferred a slight stain to a possible white patch or worse, but then I figured "what the heck" and had them try again. The jacket was returned with no hint of a stain, but the cuffs had not been properly ironed. Back it went and this time it was perfect. I am really impressed with the laundry and cleaning service on the Eclipse, at least. I always hesitate to send better quality clothing to a ship's facility, but the people on the Eclipse are as good as any cleaner in my town. Thanks, folks

We have sailed on the Eclipse for the last 3 or 4 Februaries.

We are Elite.

Sometimes the coupon says 20 items and sometimes it says 30. These cruises have all gone to the same ports so all I can figure is that the room steward grabs a coupon sheet from his pile and some were left over from water-restricted cruises.

:confused: *** :confused: *** :confused:

Our last cruise, there was a mixup with DH's CC name & he received no coupons! A quick trip to the CC hostess fixed the error and he was then given Elite coupons, but his was for a 20 piece bag vs mine a 30.

It was moot for us, because we were luggage-less for the entire cruise + the previous week's land travel no thanks to airBerlin, and Celebrity provided us with complimentary coupons so that our few items of clothing could be rotated and sent out on a daily basis. We didn't have even 20 items (excepting dainties & socks) between us, so we'd have been in a quandary without those additional coupons.

Celebrity also kindly provided packets that included toiletries and T-shirts for us.

Edited by TMLAalum

There are no longer any coupons in your stateroom. Everything is loaded on your Sea Pass card and there are instructions on what to write on the bag when you use the laundry service. It works quite well and turnaround was excellent.