Anthem of the Seas - Dining & Shows

Megs867

Hi all!

Can anyone tell me how the dining works on Anthem now. Whats included whats extra? Do you reserve in advance?

Same with shows do you reserve in advance? Are all shoes included in the cost of the cruise?

Thanks,

Megan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You reserve shows in advance.

Dining, there are 4 smaller dining rooms, used for traditional dining, and anytime dining. You will be assigned to one of them, depending on what you signed up for, and if it was anytime dining, with reservations or not. You can also sign up for specialty dining, for a charge.

So are you assigned to a different one each night in traditional and in dynamic you go to whatever one whenever?

There isn't any Dynamic Dining anymore. They stopped that recently. But yes, when they had it, you went to whatever dining room, that you wanted to eat at, or made reservations for.

So are you assigned to a different one each night in traditional and in dynamic you go to whatever one whenever?

There is no dynamic dining.

You may have traditional fixed time dining - first or second seating. You will be assigned to a specific table which will be on Deck 3, either in the Grande or Chic dining room.

You may have My Time Dining. You may make reservations online, ahead of time, or on board. Those dining rooms are on Deck 4. Those dining rooms are named American Icon and Silk.

The same menu is offered in all four. There will be a different menu for each night of your cruise.

There is no dynamic dining.

You may have traditional fixed time dining - first or second seating. You will be assigned to a specific table which will be on Deck 3, either in the Grande or Chic dining room.

You may have My Time Dining. You may make reservations online, ahead of time, or on board. Those dining rooms are on Deck 4. Those dining rooms are named American Icon and Silk.

The same menu is offered in all four. There will be a different menu for each night of your cruise.

Thanks!

Are any of the other restaurants free or all have a fee besides main dining, buffet and snack places?

Ok one more question, bc I booked my cruise last week and the agent said there is either traditional where you pick 6:30 or 8:30 (I think was the times) and then when you board they tell you which rotation of dining rooms you

Have for the week-getting all 4 but keeping same table number and wait staff that follow you through the week. OR you pick My time where you just go to the restaurant you want when you want and you

Might have to wait for a table but you get to pick where and when to go. Also I saw online the left side of the menu for each restaurant was the same all week, but the right side was different example silk has Asian food and chic totally different...please help. When I go to the cruise

Planner it doesn't let me pick a restaurant or time besides coastal kitchen and solarium bistro for dinner (1st time in an OS)

Ok one more question, bc I booked my cruise last week and the agent said there is either traditional where you pick 6:30 or 8:30 (I think was the times) and then when you board they tell you which rotation of dining rooms you

Have for the week-getting all 4 but keeping same table number and wait staff that follow you through the week. OR you pick My time where you just go to the restaurant you want when you want and you

Might have to wait for a table but you get to pick where and when to go. Also I saw online the left side of the menu for each restaurant was the same all week, but the right side was different example silk has Asian food and chic totally different...please help. When I go to the cruise

Planner it doesn't let me pick a restaurant or time besides coastal kitchen and solarium bistro for dinner (1st time in an OS)

You're getting old information. There is no more rotation. All the "free" restaurants serve the same food from the same menu that changes nightly. This applies to both Traditional and My Time.

Fire that agent. The situation for dining is what I posted above.

Fortunately for you, you can eat in Coastal Kitchen any time you want. :)

Ok I just went on the cruise planner and it let me pick 8:30 (time we wanted) for MTD it listed to pick a date from the sailing so I did day 1 do I go back in and do all the days separate or does it populate all the dates for me? Also will they just assign me either American icon or silk when I get on the ship then? Will they really both have the same meals just different decor? No more Asian in silk?? In laws are traveling with us and like the look of silk but would never eat Asian food lol

Ok I just went on the cruise planner and it let me pick 8:30 (time we wanted) for MTD it listed to pick a date from the sailing so I did day 1 do I go back in and do all the days separate or does it populate all the dates for me? Also will they just assign me either American icon or silk when I get on the ship then? Will they really both have the same meals just different decor? No more Asian in silk?? In laws are traveling with us and like the look of silk but would never eat Asian food lol

You should make the reservation for each night. Do not rely on them to auto populate anything.

Also - same menu each night at all four "free" restaurants. Only difference is the decor.

If you have My Time Dining and want to make reservations now, you must do each day separately. Nothing is automatic. How would Royal Caribbean know that you want to eat at the same time every night, or which nights, if you are making other arrangements?

As stated above, you will dine on Deck 4. Signs will point you to which side.

Edited by Merion_Mom

I was really looking forward to dynamic dining. Hope it returns in the future. Disney rotational dinners are well executed. Why can't Royal do it?

Because apparently, the system they had was flawed. I was on the Anthem in October for one of the last dynamic dining cruises. We had the dynamic classic which was the rotational dinner where our waitstaff followed us. That work WONDERFUL for us. However, the other part, the "dynamic" was a huge mess and if you didn't have reservations, you were relegated at eating at 5:00 or 9:00pm as all the reservations got picked up before the cruise even left. All the reservations and classic tables were already taken. I think there just wasn't enough seating in all 4 restaurants to accommodate demand and overflow.

Even with reservations, they had a problem keeping it straight and I heard people with reservations even had to wait. All in all, it was not a very well managed system and I believe the design of the dynamic restaurant was flawed and hence, why it fell apart.

Edited by Rogueperson