French Onion Soup in Tuscan Grill

Palmtreelover

One of our favorite things about dining in the Tuscan Grill is the special French Onion soup. On another thread I saw a menu for the Tuscan and I didn't see the soup. Anyone know whether it's still available? Thank you!

I had it 6 wks ago on Reflection in Tuscan Grill

No French onion soup, Cannalenni Fagioli or Minestrone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ugh, I was afraid that might be the case. I realize the need to change things now and again but this is a disappointment. Thank you for responding!

One of our favorite things about dining in the Tuscan Grill is the special French Onion soup. On another thread I saw a menu for the Tuscan and I didn't see the soup. Anyone know whether it's still available? Thank you!

As nice as French Onion Soup in TG (or IMO MDR) is, was this really worth two threads?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51944235

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As nice as French Onion Soup in TG (or IMO MDR) is, was this really worth two threads?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51944235

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience to you, it was an error on my part. Thank you to whomever combined the threads.

It is just a fact that rating food is subjective!

I love the FOS on Celebrity so much that I sometimes order it as my entree. I love the wonderful and plentiful cheese on top and the hearty broth and onions underneath. I will admit that I ask to have it without the bread that floats on the broth under the cheese, and most times that is not a problem. The bread does get mushy which I think the OP was talking about.

I was recently on a HAL cruise, and while the majority of the food, IMHO, was great, I didn't like the onion soup. Different strokes for different folks!

I enjoy the onion soup in the MDR or Blu however it is extremely salty (I happen to like salt). The one thing that annoys me about the soup is that it's hit or miss whether you get any onions at all. I have had bowls with almost no soup...all onion, but recently, I get only a very few pieces of onion in the bowl.

can't comment on the old Tuscan Grill version...I never ordered onion soup there.

The one thing that annoys me about the soup is that it's hit or miss whether you get any onions at all. I have had bowls with almost no soup...all onion, but recently, I get only a very few pieces of onion in the bowl.

Very little onion and even less taste, but on the Eclipse at least it wasn't salty. The onions must be caramelized multiple times and the broth has to be rich. I doubt this is done on cruise ships, but I am happy some are pleased with it.

No longer available on Eclipse.....menu has changed. Tuscan used to be our favorite - not any more. We paid half price and can't imagine paying the full $50 each. We won't be going back next time. Tried Murano for the first time and it was fabulous, no comparison.

We tried Tuscan Grill on Connie in February and it was awesome. Tried Muranos in November on Equinox and although our dinners were good our friend got 2 small fillets of sea bass and had to ask for potatoes and veggies. Shouldn't have had to ask.

Just rubbed me wrong. In no way was it worth the extra money.

But again to each his own. We've actually been pretty satisfied in MDR although the portions do seem small but again just ask for extra if you are hungry but agree you wouldn't think you would have to..

• 1 month later...

We were Reflection 2 weeks ago and was very disappointed in the changes to the Tuscan Grill menu. I loved the Tuscan Onion Soup! The bean soup was very good and I will order it in the future, but I really miss the onion soup. Caesar salad is no longer made at table side, and the Mac Cheese side is no longer there. :( And the one thing that frustrates me the most is having an "Upgrade" priced steaks in a place where you are already paying an upgrade to be there. I know most all lines do something similar, but it just doesn't seem right, to me. YMMV.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience to you, it was an error on my part. Thank you to whomever combined the threads.

No apology needed. Especially since the boards have been less than perfect in terms of functionality since the "update". I don't even understand why someone had to complain.