Yep…another Drink package question.

AmyJA

So, I was perusing a sight that I have points on and found out that I can purchase RC gift cards for 10% off.

I have already purchased the drink package. (why yes…my middle name is “vacation lush”)

Say if it purchased enough cards to pay for the Deluxe Drink Package.

Cancel my current package.

Then pay for it again with the gift cards? Thus, saving me 10% on the package.

In other words, can you pay with RC gift cards?

So, I was perusing a sight that I have points on and found out that I can purchase RC gift cards for 10% off.

I have already purchased the drink package. (why yes…my middle name is “vacation lush”)

Say if it purchased enough cards to pay for the Deluxe Drink Package.

Cancel my current package.

Then pay for it again with the gift cards? Thus, saving me 10% on the package.

In other words, can you pay with RC gift cards?

Is your cruise offering 20% off the deluxe package in your cruise planner. It's being offered on many cruises. If that's the case you would be lose 10% if you can use gift cards. (Don't know if gift cards can be used.)

Is your cruise offering 20% off the deluxe package in your cruise planner. It's being offered on many cruises. If that's the case you would be lose 10% if you can use gift cards. (Don't know if gift cards can be used.)

Just booked our first Royal Caribbean cruise since 1993, before computers! Can I ask what the cruise planner is? How would I know if there is a discount on the beverage package on our cruise? Thank you!

Just booked our first Royal Caribbean cruise since 1993, before computers! Can I ask what the cruise planner is? How would I know if there is a discount on the beverage package on our cruise? Thank you!

The Cruise Planner is part of Royal Caribbean's website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner

Hope it's ok to add a question about drinks here. Does every adult in the cabin have to buy the drink package? I love frozen drinks buy the pool and Starbucks (I think that might not be included??) but my husband doesn't drink. Years ago we both

Had to buy the package. Also, our

Last 2 days are sea days, if I wait until then to buy the package am I just Charged for the 2 days or full ant?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope it's ok to add a question about drinks here. Does every adult in the cabin have to buy the drink package? I love frozen drinks buy the pool and Starbucks (I think that might not be included??) but my husband doesn't drink. Years ago we both

Last 2 days are sea days, if I wait until then to buy the package am I just Charged for the 2 days or full ant?

No. RC let's individuals in a cabin purchase a package for themselves only. You do not have to buy everyone in a cabin a package. Great huh? !

You do not both have to buy a package.

While they let you buy a package after the cruise starts, generally the rule is that there must be at least four days left in your cruise.

I love frozen drinks buy the pool and Starbucks (I think that might not be included??)...

If you buy the espresso drinks from the unbranded espresso kiosk (often called lattetudes) then it's included. If you're on one of the few ships with an actual branded Starbucks, you cannot use any espresso package or espresso-containing package there. BUT those ships will *also* have an unbranded espresso kiosk where you *can* use the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be on the Allure in June and I am torn on weather or not to get the drink package. It is on sale now for a discounted price but everyone seems to be complaining on drink price increase. Still seems it would be a good deal for me since I am known to be a lush on vacation..lol. Just wonder if the prices on basics like cranberry vodkas are more then the 13 dollar limit?

We will be on the Allure in June and I am torn on weather or not to get the drink package. It is on sale now for a discounted price but everyone seems to be complaining on drink price increase. Still seems it would be a good deal for me since I am known to be a lush on vacation..lol. Just wonder if the prices on basics like cranberry vodkas are more then the 13 dollar limit?

A cranberry vodka (without specifying a very high end vodka) would be within the limit of the drink package.

Sailing with RCL for the first time in March. We've been spoiled by included drink packages on other lines. I've been watching in my planner for a better deal as $48 per day is just too pricey for my blood. Anyone know the frequency in which RCL runs better "specials" than this on the AOS ship?

Thanks-from the potential smuggler!

I do not mean to thread heist, but I figured posting a reply here is better then just starting a new thread. Since I will be having the drink package in 10 days (sail on 1/21, so close i can taste them), do the bartenders get tipped from the alcohol package, or does the package just cover the ships cost of liquid fuel?

So my main question after all this fishing, should I tip the bartender per drink, or is tip taken care of already?

Now what about servers on pool deck or in MDR that get you alcoholic drinks?

Thanks!

Sailing with RCL for the first time in March. We've been spoiled by included drink packages on other lines. I've been watching in my planner for a better deal as $48 per day is just too pricey for my blood. Anyone know the frequency in which RCL runs better "specials" than this on the AOS ship?

Thanks-from the potential smuggler!

Unfortunately, no pattern to promos.

I do not mean to thread heist, but I figured posting a reply here is better then just starting a new thread. Since I will be having the drink package in 10 days (sail on 1/21, so close i can taste them), do the bartenders get tipped from the alcohol package, or does the package just cover the ships cost of liquid fuel?

So my main question after all this fishing, should I tip the bartender per drink, or is tip taken care of already?

Thanks!

An 18% gratuity is all ready added to your purchased drinks package. However, that being said, it is personal preference whether or not to add an extra tip.:rolleyes: In my case, I add tip (usually $1) to my drink when it is brought to me,;) not when I get it myself from the bar. Also, if you have access to either the suite or the Diamond lounges, those free drinks do not include gratuity, so we "always" tip those servers with every drink!!;) Anyway, this is our policy!:cool:

Thanks!

18% gratuity is added at the time you buy your package. This I assume goes into the tip pool and split among the bartenders.

Slowmotion- we've had the drink package on our last 3 cruises. We historically never give any extra tip. Last time, drink service in the MDR was awful- so next month I think we'll tip the first couple nights, to see if that impacts service :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app