Question about suites and shows

mocrimlaw

We are in a suite on the Jade - first time on NCL. I read that there is some kind of perk about the shows. Does this mean I don't have to reserve the shows ahead of time or as soon as we get onboard, as I have read? We are not getting on until close to embarkation because we are sightseeing that day first. Thanks!

The shows on the Jade (and other Jewel class ships) cannot be reserved in advance. They are not like the big new shows on the big new ships.

The suite "perk" for the shows on the Jewel class ships is that there's a section of seats reserved for suite guests in the theatre balcony on the side, so you don't have to get there early if you don't want to in order to get a seat. Quite frankly, I don't think those are the best seats.

Enjoy your cruise!

Actually the reserve seating is for people in the villas and owner suites. If you're in a regular suite, you do not get the Reserved seating.

On the escape this week, those in suites (H4) in our case or anyone in the Haven is permitted the reserved section. For us in the main dining theater it was on the port side about 7-9 rows from the stage. If you want front and center then you would have to get there and que up like everyone else.

We found a host standing in front of a rope asking for your ID for you to sit there. Note, however, that once the show starts they take down the rope and anyone can squeeze in.

We had this crazy family with like 8 kids take over the rest of the row we were in. I say crazy as this was the adult version of "For the record" with explicit language and innuendos. Pisses me off to see parents have no regard for this at the ages starting at 5. These people were in the 4th row to start with which is stated as forbidden. Another family that either didn't read anything about what was allowed or didn't care. Finally I do blame NCL for admitting them late. The show had started and once again, the description says no one will be admitted late. Either they have rules that are enforced or not. Now I'll tell you what I really thought!

Finally for the supper club Haven guests meet in the Haven lounge at 5:15 and they take you down a rear entrance to the club. There they will seat you early (and you don't have to eat dinner for if you don't want to) typically in the front row! Show starts at 6 and still you can have cocktails while waiting. We saw "Oh what a night" and loved it sitting right next to the stage.

We didn't see any other preferred seating for other venues, for example, the comedy club.

Actually the reserve seating is for people in the villas and owner suites. If you're in a regular suite, you do not get the Reserved seating.

Sailed the Jade last April, the seats are reserved for all Suite guests. The front of the reserved area does have a sign stating GV and OS but on our cruise the concierge told us we could sit there. The seats are on the left hand side top level. We enjoyed our seats which reminder me of open box seating in the theatre. The concierge will greet you upon arrival.