Boycotting Aruba?

mic328

We are leaving for Aruba on the VOS on 11/18/2005. I can't wait. I have been hearing rumors about boycotting Aruba. I've had this vacation planned for over a year and I am going regardless. My heart goes out to the Halloways but I don't feel guilty about going there. Can you give me your opinion on this subject?

My opinion isn't very popular but I think the Halloway case is a bunch of crap. The girl ran off on her own will with 2 strangers in a foreign country!! We have hundres of missing kids in the United States and they don't put forth 1/4 the effort they did to find Natalie.

I say goto Aruba and enjoy it! People don't boycott Disney and Orlando because someone got kidnapped and killed.

I personally think that the boycott of Aruba is senseless. Every day around the world (and in America), violence occurs. Justice is not always served. Boycotting a country does nothing to solve the problem, and instead punishes the people who depend on the tourist industry to make their livelihood. What happened to Natalee Holloway is terrible, but we still do not have the whole story and the boycott is not going to help the truth to come out any more than anything else.

Here is your post from tonight.Boycotting Aruba?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are leaving for Aruba on the VOS on 11/18/2005. I can't wait. I have been hearing rumors about boycotting Aruba. I've had this vacation planned for over a year and I am going regardless. My heart goes out to the Halloways but I don't feel guilty about going there. Can you give me your opinion on this subject?

Here is your post from October 19th when you were a part of the large discussion on this topic.

This topic should be put to rest on these boards. It only stirs the pot and you know everyones opinion already. What is the reason for this almost identical post now? Just my opinion.

October 19th, 2005, 07:16 PM

porthole.gifmic328 user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_4948895", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

We are leaving for Aruba from Bayone on 11/18/2005. We had this cruise planned for over a year. I am a proud american but I am also embarressed by the news media wanting Americans to boycott Aruba. Everyone I have ever spoke with who have been to Aruba said the people are great and the island is beautiful. I wonder how many people from other countries are missing right here in the US, are they going to boycott us?:confused:

If you watched "Dateline: to Catch a Predator" this past weekend you'd wanna move to Aruba! You should be a lot more scared for your kids in this country judging by that show. It was utterly appalling. The Holloway case was such big news just because that island (and most of the others) has such a low violent crime rate.

Here is your post from tonight.Boycotting Aruba?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is your post from October 19th when you were a part of the large discussion on this topic.

This topic should be put to rest on these boards. It only stirs the pot, and you know everyones opinion already. What is the reason for this almost identical post now?

October 19th, 2005, 07:16 PM

porthole.gifmic328 user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_4948895", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

We are leaving for Aruba from Bayone on 11/18/2005. We had this cruise planned for over a year. I am a proud american but I am also embarressed by the news media wanting Americans to boycott Aruba. Everyone I have ever spoke with who have been to Aruba said the people are great and the island is beautiful. I wonder how many people from other countries are missing right here in the US, are they going to boycott us?:confused:

Nice catch Alexis....another pot stirrer, hmmmm :rolleyes:

###

Nice catch Alexis....another pot stirrer, hmmmm :rolleyes:

###

If anyone on here was a part of that multi page thread, those involved in it know what people think. I was included in that thread also and that question sounded familiar. Maybe the boards are too boring for some.:(

Excuse me, this topic was on the news over the weekend, it it was posted prior to my posting I'm sorry! If you think that I am re-posting you are totally wrong. If you didn't like the post just don't answer it!! It was a question I asked because I am going to Aruba Next week, not to start another post, now I know why I don't ask too many questions, damned if you do , damned if you don't. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Excuse me, this topic was on the news over the weekend, it it was posted prior to my posting I'm sorry! If you think that I am re-posting you are totally wrong. If you didn't like the post just don't answer it!! It was a question I asked because I am going to Aruba Next week, not to start another post, now I know why I don't ask too many questions, damned if you do , damned if you don't. Sorry if I offended anyone.

This post of yours from October 19Th speaks for itself. Here is the link if you wish to see all the previous answers to your question. You are on page 6, second post down. Nobody is offended. Just tired of hashing over the same topic NUMEROUS times on here. It turns into a free for all.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=243233

October 19th, 2005, 07:16 PM porthole.gifmic328 user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_4948895", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

If anyone on here was a part of that multi page thread, those involved in it know what people think. I was included in that thread also and that question sounded familiar. Maybe the boards are too boring for some.:(

Yes, I read that entire thread and advised folks to stay out of Arizona because we have at least one murder a day :eek: Many of them are still unsolved, which is very sad!

And Alexis you are correct about the boring part. For the last two weeks there have been at least two very active threads about no non-smoking cabins, yet someone started a new one today, too funny ;) :rolleyes:

###

Hey mic328... don't know if this answers your question or not but we're also going to be on the Voyager leaving Nov 18th. We plan on getting off the ship in Aruba. Never been there before. Not going to get sucked into a discussion with anyone here about boycotts or politics. I'm just looking forward to a nice 8 night cruise.

Oh... on another topic that keeps popping up. Haven't gotten any travel documents emailed or snail mailed yet. I don't expect to get them. I printed my SetSail Pass and that's all I'll need at the dock along with my passport and credit card.

Tim

I think most of the time you will find two or three posts of the same question, worded slightly different of course, on most pages.

I believe that is why we are losing people from here.:confused: :o It is so repetitious now just getting through page 1..

But, that is just my opinion.

I think most of the time you will find three posts of the same question, worded slightly different of course, on most pages.

I believe that is why we are losing people from here.:confused: :o It is so repetitious now just getting through page 1..

But, that is just my opinion.

Agreed!! It is amazing (to me) how someone can start one thread asking several questions when the same topics are currently being discussed on other threads. :rolleyes:

What ticks me off even more is when someone says "I didn't read all the posts, however this is my opinion" What the heck??? They are actually saying "your opinion is worthless, however, my point of view is worth your effort/time" (ok I used nice words). :mad: ;)

###

AHA, another reason why they are running off of here.

White pages

Technical problems

Double posts

No posts

and so on and so on and so on.........................................

Gee, I think we started another of those "anyone else having a problem?" threads. I admit to answering every one of them because that is also repetitious on my computer.. :D

I better get out of here while I still can.:o

AHA, another reason why they are running off of here.

White pages

Technical problems

Double posts

No posts

and so on and so on and so on.........................................

Gee, I think we started another of those "anyone else having a problem?" threads. I admit to answering every one of them because that is also repetitious on my computer.. :D

I better get out of here while I still can.:o

Agree once again! Are you a "cruising fool"? If not, let me know and I will give you the link :D

###

My opinion isn't very popular but I think the Halloway case is a bunch of crap. The girl ran off on her own will with 2 strangers in a foreign country!! We have hundres of missing kids in the United States and they don't put forth 1/4 the effort they did to find Natalie.

I say goto Aruba and enjoy it! People don't boycott Disney and Orlando because someone got kidnapped and killed.

AMEN!!! I TOTALLY AGREE with you on this one!!

Maybe Alabama should be boycotted?? I'm certain there have been plenty of unsolved murders in that fine state (many more than Aruba no doubt). Sounds like a good enough reason to avoid Alabama all together. ;) The Governor of Alabama or whomever suggested this "boycott" is only showing their ignorance.

Ernie

Maybe Alabama should be boycotted?? I'm certain there have been plenty of unsolved murders in that fine state (many more than Aruba no doubt). Sounds like a good enough reason to avoid Alabama all together. ;) The Governor of Alabama or whomever suggested this "boycott" is only showing their ignorance.

Ernie

We arrest the guilty, try them and then let them go. We let a Killer (OJ) and a Child Molester (MJ) walk away scot free.:D

Yo Mic...You have to remember that some ppl on here take stuff WAY to seriously.They are actually going back and quoting stuff you said on another thread..Get A life ppl...Talk about having way too much time on your hands.

I know you posted this with no intention at all to make someone upset (boo-hoo),but there are some in every crowd.some of them know it all!!Just let it be!

See ya at the ship,and have fun in ARUBA...Maybe we'll find that girl while snorkling!:eek: :D

Mic,wont worry about boycotting aruba. I wonder how many people from other countries come to the USA only to be murdered, raped, or just show up missing? Imagine other countries boycotting us? I will be on the ship on the 18th going to Aruba---cant wait!

Like fshlot said, some people take this posting too seriously....I sure don't.

Archived