Snow Day!

Victress2007

We got close to a foot of snow here last night (1-6" predicted)! :eek:

I have two projects for the foreseeable future (ok, next 2 days). Clear the driveway so when the streets are clear we can get out and scan slides with my new film to digital converter.

I bought it last week and it was delivered yesterday, between Monday's ice and Tuesday night's snow. It's a nice little unit and heads and shoulders above the one I tried about 5 years ago. Now I want an additional slide scanner so I can modify it to fit the stereo slides I have.

What are your favorite photographic chores to do when stuck in the house?

DSC09313_zpshho4xznz.jpg

Snow!

New%20Glarus%20Homestead_zpsbusyjpyq.jpg

Slide from 1967 scanned with new converter. Grandma's homestead built at the turn of the century in Swiss style.

Vic

Love your pictures.

We have been fortunate that the Nor'Easters (2 of them so far this year) only gave us a couple of inches of snow. Some areas got 3 - 4 feet of snow.

Even the ice storms have missed us so far here in Southwestern PA.

Krazy Kruizers...I'm living in VA but originally from Southwestern PA...small word. Pittsburgh area (Greensburg). No complaints about this winter here either...so far. We got up to 71 degrees here last Thursday and it was nice having some windows open.

I'm not a fan of snow, but Victress2007, your pictures are beautiful.

What is this 'snow' stuff you mention? Is it all that strange white stuff all over your yard, trees and house? Does this stuff come out of the sky? Who cleans it all up? Is it toxic? That would be very strange to have falling all over your yard. You say it came along with ice - does that mean that this is somehow related to cold? So, your air is actually cold? How strange a place you live, where the air becomes cold. I guess that's what people in strange northern places refer to as 'winter'.

We do have 3 seasons here...this is 'fall' when it's 85 degrees and 50% humidity - this lasts from approx. Dec 15 - Feb 1:

original.jpg

This is 'spring' when it's 80-82 degrees and 40% humidity, from approx. Feb 2 - March 20:

original.jpg

And this is 'summer', which runs from March 21 to Dec 14, where temps hover around 100 and humidity around 95%:

original.jpg

*sorry for the humor - I feel for you winter folks! ;)

I appreciate the humor! I spent a large part of this week planning our vacation to Hawaii in March and browsing through the pictures we took last time we were there.

Here in the Pacific NW we are supposed to be insulated from this cold stuff by the Pacific ocean and associated currents, but the jet stream somehow worked its way into this weather pattern. Now the rain has started and is supposed to end sometime in Feb :D.

Vic