Where are Mrs and Mrs, waiting for their Golden Princess review !!

NSWP

Correct and don't forget majority of pax on Mrs and Mrs cruise would have been Australians, with a few Asians chucked in no doubt. Laundry rage and Omelette rage too, how exciting, lol.

That would be Eggasperating.:p

No idea why people get into a spin about the laundry.

Thanks for the review, disappointed about the coffee. I am interested in the drink prices in AUD if you have them on hand.

I will be on the Golden in August.

Linda

The coffee is free in the MDR and the buffet, the International cafe' had the coffee for $4.50 when I was on her last November.

Thanks for the review, disappointed about the coffee. I am interested in the drink prices in AUD if you have them on hand.

I will be on the Golden in August.

Linda

Which drinks in particular.

Soft drink $2.50 ($7 a day for soda and more package)

Shakes $2.75

Mocktail $5.00

Beers $6- $8

Cocktails $13.95

Wine, well a big range, from about $8 up.

Which drinks in particular.

Soft drink $2.50 ($7 a day for soda and more package)

Shakes $2.75

Mocktail $5.00

Beers $6- $8

Cocktails $13.95

Wine, well a big range, from about $8 up.

Sorry, yes I should have been more specific. I was meaning cocktails, basic spirit mixers eg: bourbon and coke and beers

The more recent cruises i have been on have been in USD, I was curious when they add the 'Australia tax', how much alcohol drinks were.

I'm new to cruising, and have been eagerly anticipating my first cruise - a short reposition cruise from Melbourne to Auckland early March on Golden Princess (in a suite for a special treat)

The review I read has left me feeling absolutely deflated; any joy of anticipating has gone and now I'm just worried:confused:

I'm new to cruising, and have been eagerly anticipating my first cruise - a short reposition cruise from Melbourne to Auckland early March on Golden Princess (in a suite for a special treat)

The review I read has left me feeling absolutely deflated; any joy of anticipating has gone and now I'm just worried:confused:

Go onto your cruise with an open mind and don't stress the small things.

Just remember that when it comes to reviews, you need to read between the lines as so much of what you will read is opinion and most aspects can be subjective. For a start, I disregard any reviews on CC from anyone who has not posted at all, this indicates that they are purely dissatisfied and are venting.

Most of all any cruise is what YOU make of it. Like anything in life, if you look for faults you will find them. Just make the most of your cruise and I am sure you will become addicted like the rest of us poor souls.:D

I think that's normal and mics advice is true.

I had serious doubts after booking my upcoming (and also my first) cruise. I was convinced I'd booked the wrong ship and line. That I had booked on an overpriced row boat.

Keep in mind that people who post on here are a small fraction of people who cruise and some people are just impossible to please.

And then there's the 12 step group who hangs around this board. Their enthusiasm and weird sense of humour keeps my cruising fears in check. [emoji14]

People also have great posts elsewhere. My favourite post today is combining a cruise review with CATS [emoji192] what's not to love ❤️ about that??

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2442584

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by chesterbear

I think you are talking about my review, and I agree with Mic and C.Bear.

Everyone is different, and your cruise demographic will be different.

One point to remember is that most on our cruise, most people had spent up to a week in Beijing, then cruised for a long time (25 days), a lot were sick, tired and grumpy, and very old.

A vast contrast to our 3 other island cruises.

Go forth and enjoy your cruise, because you will.:):)

Everyone's take is different, but as back-up to what I said one only has to view some of the critics in Goldens review section, Oct 2016.

This of course dosent reflect on your up-coming cruise, and it shouldn't, but if you see a trend, and read between the lines, its your decision to make, but you wont be able to make an informed decision, until you have done it.

Have a great cruise, and let us know.

I think that's normal and mics advice is true.

I had serious doubts after booking my upcoming (and also my first) cruise. I was convinced I'd booked the wrong ship and line. That I had booked on an overpriced row boat.

Keep in mind that people who post on here are a small fraction of people who cruise and some people are just impossible to please.

And then there's the 12 step group who hangs around this board. Their enthusiasm and weird sense of humour keeps my cruising fears in check. [emoji14]

People also have great posts elsewhere. My favourite post today is combining a cruise review with CATS [emoji192] what's not to love ❤️ about that??

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2442584

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL, cats and cruising, combined it would be a Catamaran.:p

I think you are talking about my review, and I agree with Mic and C.Bear.

Have a great cruise, and let us know.

I actually prefer it when people post a review as a thread as well, it shows they are open for questions, comment and discussion about their review /cruise which is far more helpful than the ones in the review section of CC.

Thanks for allowing this to occur, Mrs & Mrs, much appreciated.

Edited by MicCanberra

I did the same cruise in early December - it was fine. You should have warmer weather than we did so that means the pools will be good and if you choose to use the Sanctuary it won't be a howling gale like it was for us. The only two really annoying things for me were 1) the art auctions which took up the Explorer's Lounge and the area outside it on several days and 2) the IC was always busy and we never got a chance to sit and have coffee there. As well they had loud entertainment in the area so people would sit on for hours to watch it.

Otherwise meals were good, the entertainment was certainly better than I anticipated and we had a lovely time.

Go with an open mind and you'll enjoy it and besides you have extra perks being in a full suite so that will make it great. :)