Steakhouse Reservations

Teagysmom

Like splintz, we always booked once we board. Unfortunately on our B2B on the Magic in November the steakhouse was completely booked. I noticed only the Italian restaurant was taking reservations when we boarded, but really didn't think much of it until we went to the steakhouse and discovered it had been booked well before we sailed.

We went to the Italian restaurant for dinner both weeks and enjoyed it, so not a total disappointment.

Friday I made my Steakhouse reservations for all 7 nights and heard back with from them within three hours from sending them the email...they informed me three days my 7pm time was not available (for May cruise) and said they had 8pm, I wrote them back accepting the change of times and again, three hours later, they confirmed.

I booked a cruise yesterday, and went back online and booked the steakhouse this morning. I just got this:

"Dear Jeff Von Reichenbach,

Thank you for choosing*Pinnacle Steakhouse for your dining. *

Your reservation request for*2 Guests at 7:00 PM*on April 11th , 2017 is confirmed.*

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at*slsteakhouse@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!*

Irina Toader

Steakhouse Manager"

Having done both the Steak House and Chef's Table previously, the Steak House quality of meat and seafood is much better than Chef's Table. That said, the preparation, sauces, etc. at Chef's Table are what you would expect - truly chef-inspired.

The email did the trick! I just heard back from the steakhouse manager that my reservation was confirmed. Not a response to my online request but to my email.

So if there are those of you who want to confirm your reservation and you've been patiently waiting for a response, I'd email the manager of the steakhouse. The id is usually the first 2 characters of the ship followed by 'steakhouse@carnival.com'. In my case, BRSteakhouse@carnival.com, for the Breeze.

To those who question why we make reservations in advance, in my case it's because I want to assure that I'll be able to eat on the date/time that I choose, and I prefer to make the reservation in advance so that it's confirmed. It may be okay to wait til on the ship, you may have always gotten the date/time you want, but that doesn't mean it will always happen!

I sent an email to FRSteakhouse@carnival.com. It could not be delivered. Help! Anybody know Freedom's email abbreviation?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm trying to make a reservation for June on the website but on the year drop down they don't have 2017 listed, am I missing something? Where did you make your reservation?

I just checked- for my cruise I don't have a year dropdown- I have a date dropdown that lists all of the sailings for my cruiseship this year e.g. Sept 17, 2017... Sept 24, 2017 etc. When I pick the date I want, I can then specify the time.

Are you logged into your booking when you try this? Do you have more than one cruise booked?

Try this:

Click on Specialty Dining Reservations on the right (below the area where you select Excursions or the Fun Shops)- select the link for the Steakhouse

Enter your information, the date and time, and number of people in the reservation.

Make sure you mention if you're celebrating something special.

Edited by Shaded Lady

I just checked- for my cruise I don't have a year dropdown- I have a date dropdown that lists all of the sailings for my cruiseship this year e.g. Sept 17, 2017... Sept 24, 2017 etc. When I pick the date I want, I can then specify the time.

Are you logged into your booking when you try this? Do you have more than one cruise booked?

I only have 1 cruise booked and I am logged in. This is the link I'm using, is it the right one? https://www.carnival.com/Activities/Controls/SteakhouseRequest

ETA: never mind I found it [emoji4]

Edited by DebbieMo

Try this:

Click on Specialty Dining Reservations on the right (below the area where you select Excursions or the Fun Shops)- select the link for the Steakhouse

Enter your information, the date and time, and number of people in the reservation.

Make sure you mention if you're celebrating something special.

Thank you for directing me to the right area. Reservations made, now waiting for confirmation [emoji854]

Freedom is FD

Thank you so much! I sent an email last night and received an answer this afternoon. I told them I had sent a request through Carnival.com and their response was "Please be advised that this is the first request we received from you". I filled out the request form on Carnival.com twice, over a month apart. That is disturbing.

• 2 weeks later...
Steakhouse reservation priority and guarantee are platinum and diamond perks. Depending upon demand from these groups, others may be held off, waitlisted or in the case of faraway dates, not even replied to and put in their hold box.

Ok, so how does this work? I'm platinum. I'm sailing in about a month on Vista. I emailed for reservations this past week. Haven't heard. But just because I'm platinum, I can't knock another group out of their reservation? That wouldn't be right! Even if they're not platinum or diamond!