"Dancing of the Ships"

js

now i wish carnival releases 2018 new york sailing. since it is taking them so longer, i guess they are more dancing of the ships coming

John Heald mentioned on Facebook there would be more announcements on ship movements in the coming weeks.

They have never kept a new ship in NY always an older one

Hence the new in quotations.

It would be new to us anyway!

You have to think though, with NCL having the Breakway (or did anyway) and RC having the AotS across the river, Carnival really should consider bringing a new ship up here to compete with the other lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to think though, with NCL having the Breakway (or did anyway) and RC having the AotS across the river, Carnival really should consider bringing a new ship up here to compete with the other lines.

next year, NCL is having their newer ship, the Norwegian Escape sail out of NYC while the Breakaway goes to drydock for repairs. Then it will be both the Escape and Breakaway sailing out of NYC, the 2 big ships.

next year, NCL is having their newer ship, the Norwegian Escape sail out of NYC while the Breakaway goes to drydock for repairs. Then it will be both the Escape and Breakaway sailing out of NYC, the 2 big ships.

Exactly! I'd love to see Carnival move one of their big new ships up here, even for just the time the Escape is sailing just to offer some direct competition!

However, I may have to look into one of those Escape sailings!

You know I am pretty upset about the magic leaving Port Canaveral. I loved her when we went in October and was hoping to go on her again before she left. I mean I could go to Miami but I really liked hitting Disney before cruising.

We already have a med cruise in NCL for this year and my sister is saying no cruises in 2018. Maybe I need to go on a solo?

I was on the Vista over Christmas and during the Plat/Diamond party the cruise director mentioned a ship from the P&O fleet would be transferring over to Carnival (I realize they are under the same parent company). I don't know if will be for the Australian market or ????

You know I am pretty upset about the magic leaving Port Canaveral. I loved her when we went in October and was hoping to go on her again before she left. I mean I could go to Miami but I really liked hitting Disney before cruising.

Dont sweat it too much :) I LOVE Magic being in PC! Most of the people I know that have sailed on Magic and Breeze both though, even after Magics last drydock, still give the edge to Breeze :) Totally pumped about Breeze coming to PC!

I was on the Vista over Christmas and during the Plat/Diamond party the cruise director mentioned a ship from the P&O fleet would be transferring over to Carnival (I realize they are under the same parent company). I don't know if will be for the Australian market or ????

Yes. The new Vista class ship originally for P&O Australia will be coming to Carnival and the Carnival Splendor will be transferred to P&O Australia.

Here is an example of the use of "home port" regarding Carnival Sunshine:

"Following voyages from New York, Charleston and Norfolk, the Carnival Sunshine will return to its home port of Port Canaveral where it will sail eight different Caribbean voyages in the winter of 2016 and spring of 2017."

This is what I meant. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hence the new in quotations.

It would be new to us anyway!

I agree but Carnival seems to think they do better sailing out of other ports.

Problem for us is that on 7 day cruiess they cant get to more interesting ports and many itineraries are Nassau, Freeport and Pt Canaveral which is not where we want to go on a cruise.

Problem for us is that on 7 day cruiess they cant get to more interesting ports and many itineraries are Nassau' date=' Freeport and Pt Canaveral which is not where we want to go on a cruise.[/quote']

Good point...

I have a little theory with this whole sudden unexpected moving of the ships- If you read it closely, the magic is will do 7 day western and eastern cruises in September 2018 from Miami. That's around the time Horizon should be finishing her time in Europe. Notice how none of the ships in Miami will be doing the alternating 6 day western and 8 day southern Caribbean cruises that vista and breeze did.

My theory is Horizon is going to Miami and will simply pick up for the Vista on the 6 & 8 day voyages. Carnival has had that pattern where every new ship goes to Miami and does those 6 and 8 day sailings. And I have a feeling something is will happen with the Glory because she's been there for so many years, so they're obviously probably planning to send her elsewhere to spice things up (maybe here to the West Coast to take over for Splendor when she leaves us for Australia?) and the Magic will just take over for Glory with those sailings.

Just a little theory that I've been thinking of

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Alexv500

Problem for us is that on 7 day cruiess they cant get to more interesting ports and many itineraries are Nassau' date=' Freeport and Pt Canaveral which is not where we want to go on a cruise.[/quote']

Us either. We could cruise on the Anthem from RCI for cheap but the ports are yuck.

Don't care much for the Pride itineraries either.

Bill

They have never kept a new ship in NY always an older one

I wish there was a newer ship in NY. I usually sail NCL, RCCL and DCL. Last February I tried the Breeze and LOVED it. We had a spa balcony and had an amazing time! I had to drag my mom on she didn't want to sail CCL just because of the reputation and after that cruise, we booked the Vista for next summer :)

My mom wants to take my family (of four / kids are 23 and 18) and my sister's family (with young kids) on a cruise summer 2018. I won't sail the CCL ship from here, it's too old compared to the other ships we have been on (newer NCL and RCCL). If Breeze or even Dream were here (although not "newer"), I would seriously consider booking. Trying not to fly since she is the one taking all of us.