Pool & Beach Towels

Fouremco

The more I read, the more I'm confused about the towel situation. On other lines, pool towels were simply there for the taking, and beach towels were provided in your cabin. If you didn't return the latter, you would be charged for them, just as you might be charged for an item from your mini bar that you drink.

We will be on the Allure for our first RCI cruise in March, and I'm wondering what the process is there.

The more I read, the more I'm confused about the towel situation. On other lines, pool towels were simply there for the taking, and beach towels were provided in your cabin. If you didn't return the latter, you would be charged for them, just as you might be charged for an item from your mini bar that you drink.

We will be on the Allure for our first RCI cruise in March, and I'm wondering what the process is there.

Yiou check out pool/bech towels from a kiosk on the pool deck. Any towel not returned by the end of the cruise will cost you $25. You can exchange towels there as much as you like.

Yiou check out pool/bech towels from a kiosk on the pool deck. Any towel not returned by the end of the cruise will cost you $25. You can exchange towels there as much as you like.

Thanks, Bob. Those kiosks must be busy places!

The whole towel charge is just a scare.

Anyone who was ever charged for one and actually paid it is probably the same person who wouldn't give his spouse a sip of his soda because she didn't have her own drink package.

If you get charged, go and have them take it off.

It is very easy......

They were still doing the fake scan last week on Allure. The scanner wasn't even hooked up. My wife made the scanning sound for him and he just smiled at her. The big bins for towels on deck 2 after a port day with no one there checking the towels in kind of gives it away as well.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

They were still doing the fake scan last week on Allure. The scanner wasn't even hooked up. My wife made the scanning sound for him and he just smiled at her. The big bins for towels on deck 2 with no one there checking the towers in kind of gives it away as well.

It looked like they were doing fake scans on Brilliance last month. I'll check more closely next week.

The whole towel charge is just a scare.

Anyone who was ever charged for one and actually paid it is probably the same person who wouldn't give his spouse a sip of his soda because she didn't have her own drink package.

If you get charged, go and have them take it off.

It is very easy......

it does seem a bit silly. I guess they won't credit me $25 for all the towels I take from the Chair Hogs! :D

It looked like they were doing fake scans on Brilliance last month. I'll check more closely next week.

That really makes a lot of sense now.

I remember I checked out 4 towels and brought 2 back later.

I asked her if I had any others out and she said no.....

They just want to keep their towels...I don't blame them...they're expensive! So, just bring back that which you borrow! So easy!

You need not worry about it!

It's the same with resort hotels....they make you "check out" their towels, too! It's really not a big deal!

Edited by cb at sea

They just want to keep their towels...I don't blame them...they're expensive! So, just bring back that which you borrow! So easy!

You need not worry about it!

It's the same with resort hotels....they make you "check out" their towels, too! It's really not a big deal!

I've never had to sign for a towel on a cruise, at a resort, at my gym or anywhere else. Besides, if I stole one, it would cost me more for overweight baggage on the flight home than it would cost me to buy the towel!;)

Edited by Fouremco

I've never had to sign for a towel on a cruise, at a resort, at my gym or anywhere else. Besides, if I stole one, it would cost me more for overweight baggage on the flight home than it would cost me to buy the towel!;)

Unfortunately, a large part of the loss is guests leaving the towels on the beach at port stops.

Unfortunately, a large part of the loss is guests leaving the towels on the beach at port stops.

That's why I like HAL's and IIRC Celebrity's approach of having pool towels that you can access freely and larger, nicer beach towels that are part of your cabin inventory. Seems to solve the problem (as far as I know) without going through what now appears to be a charade of checking towels out and in on RCI.