Taking co-cruisers into Diamond Lounge

kevinyork

We have just reached Diamond and will be travelling with my sister and Mum who are gold. We all have the Deluxe drinks package. Would they allow us to take them into the diamond lounge in the evening given that they would not be having any 'free' Diamond lounge drinks, just drinks in their drinks package?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have just reached Diamond and will be travelling with my sister and Mum who are gold. We all have the Deluxe drinks package. Would they allow us to take them into the diamond lounge in the evening given that they would not be having any 'free' Diamond lounge drinks, just drinks in their drinks package?

Nope. They have no ability to "charge" (even though there is no charge) for drink packages in the DL, not to mention they would be taking away space from other Diamond members. You have 3 drink vouchers per night you can use at any other bar, where you can spend time with your sister and Mum.

We have just reached Diamond and will be travelling with my sister and Mum who are gold.

Take them in there for a quick tour at like 2 PM one day (it should be empty then) and tell them: This is what you can enjoy one day when you too make D.

Nope. They have no ability to "charge" (even though there is no charge) for drink packages in the DL, not to mention they would be taking away space from other Diamond members. You have 3 drink vouchers per night you can use at any other bar, where you can spend time with your sister and Mum.

Where were you? I waited 2 whole minites for you to post.... lol

Just ASK BOB

Unfortunately the Diamond Lounge and the Suite Lounge are already over packed. It is not fair to those who have earned the right to be there to not have the chance to enjoy the lounge because someone who does not belong there is there.

If they want to see the place, take show them what it looks like between the morning rush hour and the evening rush hour (when nobody else is in the lounge).

Thanks all. Just thought it might be a quieter place for a pre-dinner drink. Didn't want to take places from other Diamond cruisers. Just thought as it was a place to enjoy evening drinks and they had free drinks anyway that it may not be an issue. Anyway the answer has been provided, thanks.

Thanks all. Just thought it might be a quieter place for a pre-dinner drink. Didn't want to take places from other Diamond cruisers. Just thought as it was a place to enjoy evening drinks and they had free drinks anyway that it may not be an issue. Anyway the answer has been provided, thanks.

Unfortunately pre-dinner is the evening rush hour I referred to. Between 11am and 3pm it should be quiet, if you want to show them what it looks like.

Here is the Diamond Lounge on the Liberty OTS ...

afDSC_7634_zpsl8lthirt.jpg

agDSC_7636_zpstmdbx9kb.jpg

ahDSC_7638_zps8ujfqwlk.jpg

Here is the Suite Lounge on the Liberty OTS ...

DSC_7956_zpsqseqrad0.jpg

DSC_7958_zpsnurqdlus.jpg

DSC_7961_zpsrtr1dncx.jpg

And yes, these pictures were taken in the late morning.

I was recently on Harmony of the Seas and the Concierge abruptly asked everyone to display their seapass as he walked around each table......I did see a few chairs open up........

Those heathens must have been so embarrassed and ashamed of themselves.

Those heathens must have been so embarrassed and ashamed of themselves.

Who are the heathens, those who weren't entitled to be in the lounge but may not have know the rules or the Diamond members who invited them in and should have known better?

In my recent experience the DC has been anything but a quiet relaxing place during happy hour, so you may not be missing much. Particularly since you all have a drink package. Another bar will probably suit your needs much better.

On our recent sailings we've found the DC to be overcrowded, the drink service to be frustratingly slow, and there's always some "Special" cruisers holding court, talking loud enough for all to hear.

I occasionally enjoy a light breakfast there, and sometimes I will grab a few evening appetizers and take them out to the overflow bar area, but unless there is an unusually low number of diamonds and above on the sailing, we don't spend much if any happy hour time there anymore.

I was recently on Harmony of the Seas and the Concierge abruptly asked everyone to display their seapass as he walked around each table......I did see a few chairs open up........

Soon RCI will be using a high-tech computerized "Facial Recognition" program when you enter in thru the door...or at least as soon as they solve all the IT problems they have :D:D:D

In the evening my better half often has no pockets and doesn't want to carry a purse, so just leaves her card in the room (anything charged can go on my card; it's going on the same account anyway). For sure she takes her Sea Pas the first nights (okay, perhaps in my pocket), but after that who knows. I have no problem with rule enforcement, but I hope there is a little common sense used.

{Lack of common sense: some years ago I was going into Blaze, then being used for the Diamond Happy Hour, and the Concierge said "You have to show me your card, Thom" - yep, he knew me by name, knew I was Diamond, but felt a need to be officious. I still remember his name, not favorably, and at least last year he was still working on Oasis (where I pointedly ignore him).}

Thom

Cruizer2, the pictures show the diamond lounge patio still unfinished. Are they still working on the scrubbers? Is this an old or new picture? Thanks

The photos are from April 2016. That said, I believe that they are still working on the scrubbers.

We do enjoy the DL. How much we actually use it depends upon whether we have family or friends who are also Diamond or if we happen to make new Diamond friends while there. We really have no problem about who is in there unless it was full and some of the seats were taken by folks who are not yet eligible. In that case, it would seem that maybe those seats should go to DL members. It is not about being snobbish, it is simply that this is a benefit that is earned by loyalty and by spending a lot of $$ over the years with the line. To me it is similar to first class on an airplane where those people paid extra for the perks that they are getting as opposed to those of us in the back who did not. More to the point might be those frequent flyer lounges in airports. True, the road to getting to D level and beyond takes a while (and $$) but it is not at all an unpleasant journey. For instant gratification one can always book a suite which costs more but also has a nice (in some cases nicer) set of perks.

We were recently on Majesty and they use a section of the Viking Crown for the DL and suite lounge. We went by the first evening and it was pretty full. Since we are now getting the drink vouchers that are good all over we found that we used those for the rest of the cruise and never made it back up there. Although the food provided during "happy hour" was nice, we did not really miss it since there is plenty to be had in other venues. From now on we will probably make use of the vouchers and maybe not go to the DL as much if it is crowded. That said, if we did go in and find it hard to find a seat we would probably just head somewhere else and not worry about it since we can get our "free stuff" fix elsewhere. :)

DL is not some super secret and mysterious place, but it is a nice perk to recognize customer loyalty. It is good manners to observe it's purpose and leave it to those for whom it is intended. I think the OP was gracious in acceptance of this early in the thread. Happy cruising.

In the evening my better half often has no pockets and doesn't want to carry a purse, so just leaves her card in the room (anything charged can go on my card; it's going on the same account anyway).

Thom

My better half also often has no pockets so I just carry her sea pass card. So far I can't think of one time it was needed but when and if it is, it will be handy.