Taking co-cruisers into Diamond Lounge

kevinyork

No problem with that but our measly 115 points puts us back in level 3. You didn't give it a name - Tanzanite maybe? :)

I am fine with being booted out of the lounge, but please let me keep my free drink vouchers. Heck, maybe throw in fourth since I miss out on the munchies.

Oh yeah, and the discounts.

What about Dancing Diamonds

Cruizer under the present plan, we will make D+ after our April 2018 Caribbean cruises ( 4 cruises ), so please don't change anything until after that.:D. We have one in July, August then the two in April 2018.

Better check your cruise counters. It has you on the Oasis and Freedom at the same time lol.

I have heard a rumor that they are going to eventually eliminate the DL for the Diamonds and just let them have their three free drinks. The DL would then become the D+/Pinnacle Lounge. Also an additional level would be established between D+ and Pinnacle. Just a rumor- started two years ago. Anyway. It would make sense. Our last cruise, we couldn't get a seat in the DL or the CL. We ended up in the Olive or Twist (aka Viking Lounge) and the bar tenders treated us as if we were in the DL not asking to swipe our cards or anything. It was exceptional!

We were in a Suite on the Explorer last week and were heartily welcomed into the Diamond Lounge by the management, waiters and both concierges. I'm not quite sure what people mean when they say that it's only meant for Diamonds/pinnacle and not Suites when those who run the operations have opinions which differ on this? It seems clear that there will eventually be an erosion of benefits until only the very top tier get a Lounge and the others get vouchers.

We were in a Suite on the Explorer last week and were heartily welcomed into the Diamond Lounge by the management, waiters and both concierges. I'm not quite sure what people mean when they say that it's only meant for Diamonds/pinnacle and not Suites when those who run the operations have opinions which differ on this? It seems clear that there will eventually be an erosion of benefits until only the very top tier get a Lounge and the others get vouchers.

Before Diamond, our Suite SeaPass cards would open the DL door.

Edited by troykahack

Before Diamond, our Suite SeaPass cards would open the DL door.

The Suite Card opened both Lounges on the Explorer for us. It was Diamond Cruisers who,, apropos to nothing, spotted out Gold Cards, introduced themselves and said to try the Diamond Lounge.

We were a bit sheepishly first, but we were welcomed.

These cruises were not in a suite but could access the Concierge Lounge. No one cared. Everyone was friendly.

Better check your cruise counters. It has you on the Oasis and Freedom at the same time lol.

I have heard a rumor that they are going to eventually eliminate the DL for the Diamonds and just let them have their three free drinks. The DL would then become the D+/Pinnacle Lounge. Also an additional level would be established between D+ and Pinnacle. Just a rumor- started two years ago. Anyway. It would make sense. Our last cruise, we couldn't get a seat in the DL or the CL. We ended up in the Olive or Twist (aka Viking Lounge) and the bar tenders treated us as if we were in the DL not asking to swipe our cards or anything. It was exceptional!

We had dinner with the Marketing & Revenue Manager on Legend a couple of nights ago.

He said that a new level between Diamond Plus & Pinnacle is back on the table this year.:eek:

Edited by Aussie FF

We had dinner with the Marketing & Revenue Manager on Legend a couple of nights ago.

He said that a new level between Diamond Plus & Pinnacle is back on the table this year.:eek:

Not another 'I heard from a crew member' comment. Rarely do these quote to real life changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In Aussie FF's defense, all they said was it's back on the table. I'd be surprised if it wasn't and surely there have been a lot more 'definitely' rumors on this board than 'back on the table' rumors. Just sayin' :D

.............Well I had lunch and a conversation with the sewerage engineer and he confirmed that they are working on a Diamond and Diamond + tiered adjustment. The way he explained it that if they can raise more passengers to a D+ level than the stench in the sewerage treatment plant will cease to exist for everyone knows their "waste" smells like roses.........;)