Water shoes for cave tubing

EllieinNJ

I am on the NCL Pearl and I think one of the last cruises still going to Belize City. I booked a private cave tubing tour and they recommended water shoes. I have an old pair of crocs which have no support at all. I think you have to walk through a rainforest before the river and don't want to be a cripple before I get there. Also, I looked at other types of water shoes on Amazon which seemed to be just material shoes that zip up to your ankles and do not have any support either. Most got terrible reviews and those that were just okay said they did not last for more than one or two uses. I also would like to use them for a snorkle excursion in Roatan. Any recommendations?

Use an old pair of sneakers and then leave them at the cave tubing site. They'll clean them up and give them to locals.

Just bring a pair of shoes, sandals, or flops to change into for the ride back.

Alternatively, the cheap water shoes at WalMart/ Academy/ Dick's/ Target/Sports Authority/ et.al. are prefect

Many fashionistas wear their Keen's but why spend $$$ to get them all muddy?:D

I love my Keens. I have had them 6 years or so, I have worn them all over the caribbean and Puerto Rico. I have worn them to work every day in the summer because they have closed toes. They still look decent after all this time. Well worth the money. Also, I have worn them wet or dry and never had a blister or hurting feet. I prefer the Whisper style.

It's not a very long hike for the cavetubing as someone who loves to protect his feet. Compared to the hike for 27 waterfalls in Dominican Republic the hike for this was nothing. More of a casual stroll through the rain forest.

That being said a good pair of flip flops will work just fine that you can get wet and the hike is maybe 15 to 20 mins of walking.

For snorkeling you can get Neoprene fin socks on amazon for under $15 they work great. They have grip on the bottom and slide right in to fins. They work great for protecting your feet getting in the water and walking along the beach on hot sand. They are however not great for hiking through the rain forest learned that lesson the hard way.

We did the cave tubing a few years ago and used water shoes. If I had it to do over it would be an old pair of tennis shoes. Still good enough for walking with some support but something you can leave behind when the tour is over. Water shoes offer little support and your foot moves around on the hike up the mountain.

They would be fine, I've used them. They just don't want flip flops that might fall off and float away. It isn't really what I would call a hike... more of a leisurely walk in the woods with the guide pointing out plants and animals and other things of interest along the way.