NCL Robo call

Emptynesternow

We are going on the Epic Saturday and chose our check in time. Today my husband got a robo call saying not to come to the pier until noon. Is this normal for NCL? We've received emails from other cruise lines to that effect but we've just gone when we were supposed to ..and there wasn't a problem. I am assuming that it's an additional way of staggering check in. TIA

We are going on the Epic Saturday and chose our check in time. Today my husband got a robo call saying not to come to the pier until noon. Is this normal for NCL? We've received emails from other cruise lines to that effect but we've just gone when we were supposed to ..and there wasn't a problem. I am assuming that it's an additional way of staggering check in. TIA

It could be that they know there is going to be a delay, and are advising you ahead of time, unfortunately there is no way to know until you get there.

That happened to us and our friends in Tampa in November. We got the call and our friends didn't. We went when the call advised us and our friends went early. The port was crazy with long lines when we arrived, they said they went early and walked right on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Epic this Saturday and my husband got the same call! I was wondering the same thing...previous cruisers have you gotten this call before?

In our DCL sailings we were told the same thing in writing but also had port arrival times in the morning. Curious:confused:

We are sailing on Epic on Saturday also. We received the call this morning. It was on my answering machine, so don't know the number that the call came in from. The current cruise is a charter so they may want to give their "chartered" guests a little more flexibility in getting off the ship on Saturday morning.......so we don't rush on before they want us? Just thinking that could be the reason for the calls. I have never had one before in my many cruises.

See you all on Saturday!!!

We got the call too. I do have 9:30-10am pier arrival on my org docs and my rental car has to be returned by 9am, so hopefully its ok if I come at regular time.

Looking forward to a fantastic vacation and meeting new friends!!!!!!!!

There are several threads about the Epics boarding process. I seems they cannot handle all these passengers n Port Canaveral. My guess that is why they are staggering arrivals. Good luck to all and have a great cruise.

We are on the Epic this Saturday and my husband got the same call! I was wondering the same thing...previous cruisers have you gotten this call before?

In our DCL sailings we were told the same thing in writing but also had port arrival times in the morning. Curious:confused:

Just got another call from NCL that embarkation tomorrow begins at 12:30?!

Anyone else get two calls?! My port arrival time was 10:30...that's when our private transfer from MCO is getting us there.

Edited by Wisconsin995

Just got another call from NCL that embarkation tomorrow begins at 12:30?!

Anyone else get two calls?! My port arrival time was 10:30...that's when our private transfer from MCO is getting us there.

I got a second call as well today. We're still planning on showing up at 10:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw another thread that they got 2 calls. One for noon then another that said 4!

Someone suggested that perhaps there was a Noro outbreak and they need to clean the ship. :eek:

Not saying that's true, but it's possible.:(

• 2 weeks later...

FYI.....we went at our scheduled time 9:30-10...got there around 10...was on the ship at 11:15....so no we did not have to wait...they do this on each cruise line to help with the mass of people. Sometimes they call, sometimes they email....I will say that we've seen better embarkation...could barely hear the woman announcing zones to board...but then there were a lot of folks in that terminal.

Note: There were back to back chartered RAVE cruises on this ship before we got on. Cab driver said that the drug dogs were on each shuttle, taxi, bus, etc. There was a paddy wagon at the pier which they filled! When we got to the port there were people asleep on luggage outside, a huge crane unloading equipment off the top of the ship and more security. Friends who were on this cruise went to breakfast at IHOP before going over...they sat by some guys who were on the cruise. They told them NCL saran wrapped all the deck chairs to keep them from being tossed over. The pools and hot tubs were all empty. Our room steward told us that they didn't know how they lived thru it because it was very bad. He said the brig was full. The hallways were littered with trash every night - was told it looked like NYC on New Year's Eve. Our balcony was covered in food and cigarette butts as well as our friend's. They had to hose our balcony down. At dinner, others told us they found clothing items under the bed, etc. Cabins were late in getting into because they had so much to clean up from these people. Not sure why NCL would put their employees thru this unless it's all about the $$$$$. Our cab driver back to the hotel told us he had guys from Australia that came all the way for this cruise. He said they were hauling off folks once they docked as well.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise and got safely home.