Picture-A-Week-2017 - Week 02

c230k

I wish I was somewhere in the Caribbean sitting on a beach with a foo-foo drink in my hand and wondering if I should put on more sunblock. However, I’m so glad I’m retired and don’t have to drive in this mess. I’m also glad I didn’t have a flight somewhere today because over 100 flights have been cancelled at the St. Louis Airport. Freezing rain...Argh!!!

10o2why.jpg

I took this photo this morning on the ferry that travels between Bremerton and Seattle, WA. Gorgeous sunrise with Mount Rainier in the background. I did not zoom in on this photo to get a closer shot of the mountain as I was trying to capture the colors in the cloud ceiling too.

ry%3D400

I took this photo this morning on the ferry that travels between Bremerton and Seattle, WA. Gorgeous sunrise with Mount Rainier in the background. I did not zoom in on this photo to get a closer shot of the mountain as I was trying to capture the colors in the cloud ceiling too.

ry%3D400

I love that shot. Sunrise and sunset photos are always my favorites.

Here are my weekend birdie pics for this week from sunny, warm Florida:

Juvenile ibis flying high and by near sunset:

original.jpg

Tricolor heron flying past down low through the foliage and just above the water:

original.jpg

Another juvenile ibis, this one flying very close - right past the lens:

original.jpg

Big wood stork showing off his full wing spread:

original.jpg

Glossy ibis coming in for a landing:

original.jpg

Key West was one of the ports visited on our five-day itinerary on the Brilliance of the Seas. The island is touristy in a good way and has a long list of famous locations like Sloppy Joe’s bar and several museums that cover its hundreds of years of history. There was one place in particular that we had to see. As lifelong cat people, we couldn't visit Key West without seeing the Hemmingway House and the descendants of the author’s famous polydactyl cats. They wander around the house and grounds and except for their mitten-like paws, seem like normal happy house cats. History is better when it's warm and purrs when you pet it.

p2182845872-5.jpg

Dave