Which is better...Pride or Ectasy?

JRN77

The ocean view and balcony cabins on Pride are larger. There is a steakhouse on Pride. Pride has 2 pools to Ecstasy's 1.Just to name a few reasons. I was on Ecstasy for a 4 day cruise. The only pool they have was shut down for a half day. They did give me an onboard credit for that which was nice. They offered it, I didn't ask for it.

Edited by cruise pup

Thank you all! :)

The cruise I'm looking at is onboard the Pride and goes to Nassau, Princess Cays, and Freeport. Are these good ports to visit? I don't want to spend money and be disappointed although we all like different things. :)

The cruise I'm looking at is onboard the Pride and goes to Nassau, Princess Cays, and Freeport. Are these good ports to visit? I don't want to spend money and be disappointed although we all like different things. :)

Princess Cays is a great place for a beach day. If you're not into the beach there is also a tour of the island that I enjoyed when I was on a Princess cruise.

In Freeport I took a tour to the brewery and the perfume factory. I don't know how they are since Hurricane Matthew.

I have not been to Nassau.

I did love the Pride and their staff.

I wouldn't call this a bucket list itinerary. Princess Cays is nice but because I don't care for the BBQ served on these private islands I am usually back on the ship by lunchtime. The other 2 stops, especially Freeport, are meh.

This is the only downside to the Pride. Princess Cay is the only great port on this list. Nassau is passable as there are some decent excursions, but the area you dock in feels like someone parked the ship in downtown Detroit. Freeport is just not much going on at all.

I'm not really feeling the ports that Pride visits. I'm wanting to take my mother on a cruise and she is handicapped and can't walk long distances. I'm thinking more along the lines of going to St. Thomas and St. Maarten since these ports haven't got the greatest reviews. :)

Princess Cay was recently added to Pride's itineraries. As has been stated already, it's a private island and the time there would be beach-centric. If you want to lay out, swim, snorkel, eat, and drink, it's the place for you. If you're looking for fun excursions, maybe not so much.

Nassau is fun. You can got to several beaches (Cable Beach, Junkanoo, etc.) or spend time at a resort. We spent half the day at the British Colonial Hilton which cost us $60pp, but $45 of that was a food/drink voucher. You can sit on the private beach and order food and they'll bring to right to you. You can also hang out at Atlantis, which is pretty fun, too.

Freeport is pretty boring. It's a very short port visit and there's not much to do there. probably even less now after Hurricane Matthew crushed Freeport back in October.

I love sailing on Pride and if I had my druthers I'd sail her on the Grand Turk - Half Moon Cay - Freeport itinerary, that way you know you're getting two good ports out of the three. But whatever you choose...you'll be on a cruise so it'll be awesome!

I have not been on the Pride, but we were on the Ecstasy last year and we really enjoyed her. HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau were our stops. I can say, future bookings we will never book a cruise going to Nassau or Freeport. If I wanted to see those, I'd go to Detroit. But that's just my families opinion. Others seem to like them.

Also one thing to keep in mind, I believe Ecstasy just went into drydock I believe yesterday? I am pretty sure I saw CD Ben's video on FB saying they were drydocking then.

We have been on both. Hands down the Pride is better. Pride has the upgrades , is larger and has a better layout. Many more balconies, David's steakhouse, Guys burgers, Bonsai Sushi, Red Frog and Blue Iguana. 2 of our next 3 cruises will be back on Pride......

Spot On!

Princess Cay was recently added to Pride's itineraries. As has been stated already, it's a private island and the time there would be beach-centric. If you want to lay out, swim, snorkel, eat, and drink, it's the place for you. If you're looking for fun excursions, maybe not so much.

Nassau is fun. You can got to several beaches (Cable Beach, Junkanoo, etc.) or spend time at a resort. We spent half the day at the British Colonial Hilton which cost us $60pp, but $45 of that was a food/drink voucher. You can sit on the private beach and order food and they'll bring to right to you. You can also hang out at Atlantis, which is pretty fun, too.

Freeport is pretty boring. It's a very short port visit and there's not much to do there. probably even less now after Hurricane Matthew crushed Freeport back in October.

I love sailing on Pride and if I had my druthers I'd sail her on the Grand Turk - Half Moon Cay - Freeport itinerary, that way you know you're getting two good ports out of the three. But whatever you choose...you'll be on a cruise so it'll be awesome!

the pride is my favorite ship. especially after the 2.0 upgrades. it is a smaller ship and i like that. and with the serenity deck on the back with a hot tub and a pool i think it is the best lay out. as far as the itinerary you are looking at the Bahamas itinerary. they also have the eastern Caribbean itinerary out of Baltimore that is the better of the 2 itinerary's in my opinion. you get grand turk, HMC or princess cay depending on when you go, and of course Freeport as the last port.

Edited by splintz

Hey all! So I'm looking at possibly booking a cruise on the Pride or Ectasy. Which ship and port itinerary do you think is better? Thank you! :)

Not surprised by no love for Ecstasy.

personally thought, I like Ecstasy. It has what we like. It's a smaller ship, so getting anywhere is quick and easy. Especially if you take the stairs. There is the Adult Serenity area if we need a break from the hustle and bustle of crowded areas. It's getting the Funship 2.0 Upgrades this month so it will have Alchemy (my favorite bar).

The only downside to Ecstasy for me is Charleston Port. Don't expect to drive right up and park. Things are slow there. Plan ahead if you consider it.

What everyone says is true. Ecstasy is nice for first-timers and everything is uphill and better from there. I would go on the Ecstasy again in a heartbeat for nostalgic reasons and it holds a special place in my and my family's hearts. It is a quaint and happy ship, and has a special personality. Now I have booked the Pride in Sept and cannot wait for adventure #2.