Platinum Wash/Fold Service

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

Once every so often we do get something laundered but never had to get a lot of items cleaned. Our next cruise is out of NOLA and spending a few pre cruise days there and have a few questions about the platinum wash/fold service.

My daughter this past May on the cruise placed laundry in the bag it all came back not folded and totally wrinkled (although washed) , my question to those who have used this service and having platinum status, how did the laundry come back, was it folded and were your items wrinkled?

Behind the fun tours reveals, passengers items are placed in a mesh bag and washed in hot water with other passengers mesh bags. Items are laundered in commercial grade laundry detergent in hot water. The bags are transferred to the dryer. Items are then folded and place in paper bags with an inventory list for return to staterooms.

Some have reported they write cold water only on their bags but that wasn't what we were told in three Behind the Fun tours.

You might have better luck just throwing a load in yourself.

I have used on last 3 cruises. Always comes back washed and nicely folded. Last time room steward told me there was red dye from my new tshirt on my light colored capris and they would try and get it out. They came back perfect with stains totally gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've gotten it back washed and folded. Not sure how much you can put in each bag since they tear very easily. On our Xmas cruise it came back looking good but when we got back my wife says a bra is not hers. It didn't fit her so somehow in this bag her bra got replaced with another.

We've gotten it back washed and folded. Not sure how much you can put in each bag since they tear very easily. On our Xmas cruise it came back looking good but when we got back my wife says a bra is not hers. It didn't fit her so somehow in this bag her bra got replaced with another.

Did you play Prince Charming and go looking for Cinderella who would fit the bra?

Did you check...brast and found?

Many people don't have a problem with their clothes going to the laundry, and they come back fine. I learned my lesson and am extremely picky on what I send. One time, clothes came back too tight. And I didn't gain that much weight during those few days to make them that tight.

We've always been very happy with the laundry service, but we send only casual clothing. We had one occasion when somehow our clothes bag became entangled with another family's bag and the clothes were mixed up. Our steward asked us to go through the clothes with him so we could sort out what was ours and what belonged to the other family. It didn't take long and all our clothes were accounted for.

Only once have I had a piece of clothing damaged in the wash - last year, on Vista. It was a casual top that somehow came back completely discolored, stained, and still damp. It was wrapped separately from the rest of the laundry, so obviously they knew it was damaged.

Was Platinum for a while, now Diamond, and usually send out 1 bag per week long cruise. Never had a problem. My briefs and tees come back folded, and my sox are usually in the right pairs.

On a recent cruise, I noticed that my items had a small adhesive tag with coding ID numbers printed on the tag.

I'm sailing on NCL tomorrow for a 2 week cruise and I'll miss the Diamond unlimited laundry perk.

Edited by evandbob

Thank you for the responses, I am sorry some of you didn't have good experience with it, but I decided upon hearing some of your answers I not going to use this service....the hot water will shrink my clothes but it makes sense since they put everybody's dirty laundry together. Thank you.