Pacific Princess Venetian Connoisseur Nov. 2017

Summerprincess

We are looking at taking the Pacific Princess on Venetian Connoisseur Cruise Oct. 30 to Nov. 11, 2017. I am wondering if anyone has taken this cruise and can share their experience. It is round-trip from Venice and visits several Greek Isles as well as stops in Croatia, Montenagro and Athens. I am concerned about it being so late in the year. I don't know if shops are not open and if the weather is generally rainy. I have tried looking at the weather on weather websites but thought firsthand experience would be nice to consider. Thank you for any insight anyone can give. :)

Should be a good time. Croatia about 63 Fahrenheit. Rain seems the same as June. Should be comfortable and not as hot and humid as the summer. I would go for it. Watch prices as they have already gone down twice. I would expect another price drop next month. Small ship does not fill up fast.

Traditional dining only and very easy to get around the ship love it. Did 23 days on sister ship last year. Better service and better food than the big ships.

Edited by oskidunker

Shops will be open. I've cruised the Med as late in the year as Thanksgiving (US) and stores were still open even on 'holiday' islands like Mykonos.

The weather is a bit more iffy, especially in Venice which could be cool and damp that time of year (with potential for acqua alta!). However, in the Greek isles and Athens the weather should still be nice.

I much prefer the early spring/late fall shoulder seasons for Med cruises. I will happily trade some increased chance of rain for the reduced number of tourists.