Cancelling a Drink Package on board

There was a thread recently that someone had cancelled a Drink Package( they bought through the cruise planner) on board after purchasing it with a Diamond discount.

Do you just go to guest services to cancel the package that you bought from the cruise planner?

Edited by irishgal432

Thought I'd share our experience. If there is anything I've learned from CC, your experience will probably be different than ours.:rolleyes:

We were recently on the Harmony of the Seas for a B2B in early December.

I had pre-purchased a soda package and drink package. The drink package was purchased during a 20% off sale.

Thanks to CC, I stopped at the first bar I saw someone working at, the rising tide bar, and asked one of the servers to check as see what C&A benefits were available to us. On the Harmony, you don't get a room key at check in. It will be waiting at your room later. But he was able to use our set-sail pass to confirm that the 30% discount was available, and that I had the replenishment package, not just the soda package. I guess that when they changed the packages in the spring of 2016, I was upgraded. Yea!

So I asked if I could cancel the drink purchase and buy it again with the 30% discount. He said I had to stop at guest services to cancel, then come back and re-buy.

Guest services is right by the rising tide bar, and there wasn't a wait, so I stopped there. They said that they had been told that bar had to cancel the beverage packages, and sent me back to the rising tide.

The server at the rising tide had to call someone. He said the bar manager asked if he could just credit the difference. I said that was fine, and he said it would take a day or two for it to show up on my account.

So maybe 15-30 minutes time to save $50.

I have gotten into the habit to check my account on the TV each night while getting ready for dinner. A saw a couple of charges for random drinks on out account, and a quick call to guest services got those cleared up.

However, I did not see a $50 credit, so I decided to call guest services. I was put on hold for a few minutes, and she came back and said she talked to the bar manager, and the credit would be there within 24 hours.

By the next evening, still no credit, so I decided to ask the concierge in the Diamond Lounge. I also mentioned to him I was on the B2B. First, he told me they were offering the 30% the next week, and I should go online and cancel, as I was still within the window to cancel, and repurchase next week. So, I used the computer in the lounge to cancel the next week. Then he told me to call guest services again.

So later that night I called guest services. They said they would have a bar manager call our room to confirm when the credit was completed. He finally called on the last night, and we did get the credit. But... it just shouldn't be that difficult.

A few day before the end of the first week, they have a meeting for all B2B Consecutive Cruisers. At the meeting, they had people for the different departments letting people book entertainment, dining, beverage, or shore excursions. I stopped by to see if I could get the 30% off on the beverage package, and they said yes, and wrote up a paper receipt, as it has to go against the following weeks account.

However, when I check the second weeks account on the TV, the price wasn't quite 30%. So one more call to guest services, where I got lucky, a bar manager was right there, and he told me the additional amount was Florida Sales Tax, as the order was put in before noon, and all charges in port before 1:00 pm get charged sales tax:confused::confused:

Oh well, I had an amazing two weeks, enjoyed the ship, only got off in one port, so we used the drink packages both weeks, went the rising tide bar a number of times, and got to know the server who first helped us there, tipped him some of the money we saved.:D

However, when I check the second weeks account on the TV, the price wasn't quite 30%. So one more call to guest services, where I got lucky, a bar manager was right there, and he told me the additional amount was Florida Sales Tax, as the order was put in before noon, and all charges in port before 1:00 pm get charged sales tax:confused::confused:

:D

Thank you. I had read that they charged sales tax while in port but did not realize the cut off time. I just saw on another thread the drink package went up on the Oasis, so it may mot save me as much as I was thinking.