What does under STATEROOMGTY - DECK 0 MEAN IN EDOCS

rukie

We booked a 14 Day Southern Caribbean from New York departing Jan 29, 2017 Category/Stateroom BC/GTY on Jan 4, 2017 directly with NCL. We made sure it was Balcony Stateroom. I am now confused when I see the below on the EDOCS. This is the first time we have booked on NCL and guaranteed stateroom.

When we downloaded the EDOCS the following appears:

SHIP NAME

SAILING DATE STATEROOM BOOKED BY Norwegian Breakaway 01/29/2017 GTY - DECK 0 SAWGRASS OUTBOUND CANADIAN

Please let me know what it means in the stateroom GTY - DECK O. My invoice clearly indicated BC/ GTY. I wrote to NCL when I saw this but no one replied to my email. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rukie

Hi Rukie. What you booked is called a Guaranteed stateroom. That means you will not know your room assignment until 1 to 2 weeks before sailing date. With the booking of the room you may not get the best view but you are guaranteed a stateroom no matter what. When I went on the Jade I bought a Minisuite GTY and ended up getting an aft room that was so amazing and large that I will never sail on anything less. I hope you get the same luck of getting the room you will love.

Have a safe sail :D.

That means that you do not have a deck assigned yet. That too will come shortly before sailing. You will get a deck number and room number at the same time. It does not hurt to call your travel agent at this time either to see if there is a room higher for the same price. I did that as well and got a slight discount.

If you booked a balcony guaranty, you will get a balcony SOMEWHERE on the ship. They do not give decks or numbers until it's assigned. I do know some people who were only assigned a stateroom the day before embarkation. It will come.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Dramatech, Thanks for a quick reply. I got what GTY means but what does Deck O Stand for? I hope get the same luck as you. Thanks again. rukie

Means that your room is still unassigned. Depending on how full the cruise is, you may not get a room assignment until the day of sailing at the port.

I called NCL today and was advised not to worry. GTY Deck O means deck number/stateroom not assigned. NCL will give the same category or higher but not downgrade. So keep my fingers crossed that we get a higher category.

Thanks everyone for your help and information.

rukie

• 2 weeks later...

We got our edocs three days ago. Cabin 12134 Deck 12 Fwd. I am happy it is on deck 12 but never been on FWD. This is the first time we booked guaranty as nothing was left and really wanted to do this cruise and balcony cabin was a must. My consultant, Emily at NCL was really nice and managed to get us BC GTY balcony when the ship was sold out and not too much left. We have always done mid ship balcony on Carnival and Princess but our first cruise with NCL and FWD. We are looking forward to it. We like the higher decks can't complain.

We got our edocs three days ago. Cabin 12134 Deck 12 Fwd. I am happy it is on deck 12 but never been on FWD. This is the first time we booked guaranty as nothing was left and really wanted to do this cruise and balcony cabin was a must. My consultant, Emily at NCL was really nice and managed to get us BC GTY balcony when the ship was sold out and not too much left. We have always done mid ship balcony on Carnival and Princess but our first cruise with NCL and FWD. We are looking forward to it. We like the higher decks can't complain.

Glad you already got your cabin assignment, and seemed pleased with it.

Enjoy your cruise!