Carnival Journey Cruise

ddbaab53

For those that have been on a Journey Cruise with Carnival I have a couple questions.

Are there special activities during the cruise? Have heard there is something like an 80's night. Is there anything special to know about this particular day/night?

Also, been hearing about something called White Out. Is this on a particular ship or is it part of the journey cruise?

Are there more than 2 elegant/formal nights? If so what days are they usually on?

Any other information that might be useful would be helpful.

Thanks

D

Edited by ddbaab53

For those that have been on a Journey Cruise with Carnival I have a couple questions.

Are there special activities during the cruise? Have heard there is something like an 80's night. Is there anything special to know about this particular day/night?

Also, been hearing about something called White Out. Is this on a particular ship or is it part of the journey cruise?

Are there more than 2 elegant/formal nights? If so what days are they usually on?

Thanks

D

There are unique activities, I am not on a pc so it's hard to google and I cannot really remember but feel sure someone will chip in. There will be still be two cruise elegant nights.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks

D

I was on a Journeys cruise last year. It was quite the fun experience.

Let me start with Carnival's site detailing the unique features of these cruises: https://www.carnival.com/journeys.aspx

One whole day was actually dedicated to the 80s - 80s trivia, 80s movies, 80s dancing, and some activities that were popular on cruises during the 80s (like horse races and the midnight buffet). This was labeled as a formal evening, where you're super special extra encouraged to dress nicely, but the minimum standards are the same as the elegant evenings we all know and love. That meant we had three on our cruise, to answer your later question.

I've seen White Outs listed on other, non-Journeys cruises. I don't know anything about it, since I've never participated.

Other things you'll get on a Journeys cruise is some extra lectures on food, astronomy and other subjects; some extra Q&A opportunities with the crew, some extra entertainment in port, and more local food choices.

We did the 10/11 night Journey cruises on the Pride.

There were extra lectures;

Glee Club with the crew;

Crew Connection talks;

Crafts (good stuff with actual kits);

80's throwback sea day with Frog races, horse racing and other pool games;

There were 3 formal nights on each cruise - 2 regular elegant nights plus the throwback sea day;

Captain's Celebration which was held in the main theatre with hot appetizers and free flowing alcoholic beverages;

On board local talent at some ports;

Local Musicians or dancers playing as you debarked at some ports.

Edited by meatloafsfan

We did a ten night Journeys cruise this past May and loved it. We had pretty much the same activities as meatloafsfan. We had three cruise elegant nights. Journeys sailings also usually include at least one port that Carnival rarely visits. For our's it was Martinique. Fabulous trip!

Trying to remember our journey crises.....

One day is really big on the 80's, where the entire entertainment crew dresses 80's style all day. Big hair, leg warmers, Richard Simmons... Really fun. The photos at night also promoted the 80's with wigs and other clothes they put on you.

White Out was held in nightclub/disco. Women who wore all white got a free vodka drink (kinda like DOTD).

One of the Gala nights had a really nice meet the Captain & staff. Free bubbly, whatever it was. One of the most popular events.

Stick horse racing, and a frog race where you buy a frog. Proceeds goes to St. Judes.

When you get off the sip at ports, instead of just photographers (yes, they are still there) chances are there will be some local entertainment, dancers and bands. Many nights have a local dish in the dining room corresponding to where you were. Also local cooking seminars. They always have a port they usually do not stop at. (In June we will go to Martinique)

Sea days also had crafts that were free. We had luggage tags something else I don't remember.

Beautiful Midnight buffet one night. They had about 45 minutes for you to take photos before eating. Was really nice, but a waste, as most people were full from dinner.

That's all I can remember....

Thank you all and hope to get more responses. These are really great things to know about and very helpful.

Do you remember which nights were the elegant night (10 day) and which was the 8's day?

Thanks again for the responses, really appreciated.:D

I am doing a the 14 day Breeze Journey cruise next year out of Port Canaveral.

What about the menus, are they different for every night or do some repeat the second week.

Do you mean the repositioning one from Galveston to Port Canaveral in Sept. of 2018? Or is there another one?

What about the menus, are they different for every night or do some repeat the second week.

While I have not done a journey's cruise, we did do the 15 day Trans-Atlantic on the Breeze. They had different things in the dinning room every night. Sometimes the same type of food from other days, but prepared in a different way.

I believe that the repositioning and journey cruises are different.

Are there special activities during the cruise?

Thanks

D

I think you are speaking of the White Nights (White out?)............you wear white clothing, reduced drink price, glow sticks, music & dancing, fun............you get the idea. Depending on how many nights, will determine how many elegant nights. On our Vista Journey we had 12 nights and three elegant nights. We had educational programs....astronomy, history, art and special cooking presentations from local chefs at the ports we were stopping. Many more activities than non journey cruises. We had a throwback night where they did an old fashioned (80's) midnight buffet. Highly recommend.

I think you are speaking of the White Nights (White out?)............you wear white clothing, reduced drink price, glow sticks, music & dancing, fun............you get the idea. Depending on how many nights, will determine how many elegant nights. On our Vista Journey we had 12 nights and three elegant nights. We had educational programs....astronomy, history, art and special cooking presentations from local chefs at the ports we were stopping. Many more activities than non journey cruises. We had a throwback night where they did an old fashioned (80's) midnight buffet. Highly recommend.

Glow Sticks, good. We were suppose to have done a Journey Cruise last year but my DH had major back surgery and the doctor would not allow him to travel back then. The group we were in had talked about a Glow in The Dar Party and we bought glow sticks and other stuff for that. At least will get to use them now.!!!