Platinum

PapafromMaine

This happened to my husband and I two cruises ago with Carnival. We were allowed platinum status for the entire cruise. You will know when you do the online check in and print your cruise documents. If it says priority in red and you are not in a suite, then they granted you platinum status. I hope it works out for you, as you get some great perks with it. Dedicated line for check ins and inquiries are the best. Couple bags of laundry in there as well [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also priority boarding and your cabin will be ready for immediate occupancy. So if you purchased FTTF, make sure to cancel it and get a refund.

On Pride I traded it for a night light.

I wish I had. I thought the only thing available was the Tervis cup and we have enough of them.

If anyone gets duplicate night lights I'd be happy to take it off your hands

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!

So silly question I'm sure, but if I'm supposed to hit gold on the third day of my next cruise, I will get a gold S&S card and the other perks from day one, correct? It's not just only if you are hitting platinum or diamond level, right? Hope that made sense!

So silly question I'm sure, but if I'm supposed to hit gold on the third day of my next cruise, I will get a gold S&S card and the other perks from day one, correct? It's not just only if you are hitting platinum or diamond level, right? Hope that made sense!

Not a silly question. Yes, if you turn gold mid-cruise you will be considered gold the entire cruise.

A 7 day from Sat to Sat is actually Sat-Fri with debarkation on that following Sat. The day of debarkation does not count. IE: You have 67 sea days and sail a 7 day from Sat to Fri (Sat) you finish that sailing with 74 days, you would hit day #75 on your next sailing then.

That's why my next cruise is 8 nights, as I sitting right at 67 days and thus needed that 1 little extra day to make it 75 and my first Platinum cruise :D

That's why my next cruise is 8 nights, as I sitting right at 67 days and thus needed that 1 little extra day to make it 75 and my first Platinum cruise :D

Congratulations...we did the same and hit Platinum on last day of our last cruise. My favorite perk was the free wash and fold laundry.

Cheers and happy cruising.

I am at 60 sail days and thinking about booking a 13 day cruise next year, which will make me 73. My question is, if I booked a 3 day cruise before this cruise and jump on my 13 day cruise, will I become platinum? How long does it take for my 3 day cruise to effect if I get off of this cruise get on this 13 day cruise on the same day?

Edited by PC Cruisin

Takes a while for the data base to update. You may want to take your paperwork from the 3 day cruise on your 13 day cruise.

Your card may not be Platinum when you check-in for the 13 day cruise, but you can go to Guest Services once on board and they can reissue you a Platinum card.

If you have a PVP, they may be able to help you out.

Takes a while for the data base to update. You may want to take your paperwork from the 3 day cruise on your 13 day cruise.

Your card may not be Platinum when you check-in for the 13 day cruise, but you can go to Guest Services once on board and they can reissue you a Platinum card.

If you have a PVP, they may be able to help you out.

This happened recently to my cabin mate. Was on the Glory- off 1 day then on Splendor. cruise for Glory was credited immediately with VIFP. Guest Services verified new level with Corporate which was not immediate- then given new SS card the next day. Of course you will NOT get a new Platinum card at check in for the second cruise. Has to be done manually. However- the Splendor cruise is still not credited today.

that you guys have the facts regarding turning platinum on a cruise. I am currently at 71 days and doing an 8 day cruise in 2 weeks. I called and asked my PVP what my status would be on the upcoming cruise and she advised me (on two different calls) that I shouldn't cancel my FTTF because I won't be able to take advantage of early boarding until after this upcoming cruise. i will finish registering for this next cruise and check to see what the documents say. I have used the same PVP for most of our cruises, but I am not sure she is savvy about details. Thanks for your help!

I am sorry to say if this is your 7th sailing or you will be going over 70 days onboard whatever status you embark with is what you are for the full cruise ..... your next sailing you will presented with your pin and your key card will say platinum....Cunard's words"no mid-voyage promotions , you will receive the pin on your first voyage after achieving membership level " enjoy!!:)

Not the case for Carnival. Carnival recognizes you as platinum if you become platinum during the cruise. I cruised on a back-to-back cruise and didn't actually turn platinum until mid-way through the 2nd cruise and we were recognized as Priority Platinum during the first cruise cuz they knew we were doing a back to back.

This happened to me last year going from Hawaii to Sydney on the Legend. We knew we would be going gold halfway through the cruise but the card we got at the beginning was our red ones. We went to the service desk to double check if we were right and we were. The guest relations staff fixed this right away and gave us new cards on the spot. We got all the perks of Gold like a badge bottled water and even an invitation to an exclusive cocktail party (this was meant to be platinum and diamond only but we only had 2 people on board with these cards so it was open up to all 150 gold members onboard.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums